PDA

View Full Version : Door seal internet searches...

slughammer
08-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm looking for some OEM type door seal for the doors on my house. Not really interested in the self stick stuff either. The door frames have a channel that has the seal stuck in it (kinda like a window screen). Internet searches for door seal only give me 18 million hits to check.

Here is a pic of the seal, note the cord in the bulbed end. Any leads?

powderburnerr
08-03-2006, 08:13 PM
go to the local lumber yard and if they sell doors will ost likely have repair seals........Dean

Slowpoke
08-03-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm looking for some OEM type door seal for the doors on my house. Not really interested in the self stick stuff either. The door frames have a channel that has the seal stuck in it (kinda like a window screen). Internet searches for door seal only give me 18 million hits to check.

Here is a pic of the seal, note the cord in the bulbed end. Any leads?

Home Depot or Lowes carries it. I have bought it at one of them before.

It real popular these days, I forget the correct name for it

Good luck

slughammer
08-03-2006, 09:40 PM
I tried the Lowes, Ace and True Value. Thought I would have the best luck at the True Value because the parent company has been an area business for decades. No luck so far. 5 doors on my house, 4 are from the original build 13 years ago and 1 is a newer Stanley. The new doors at the home center seem to use the same stuff. Like you said its real popular today, but the self stick junk is all I can find so far.

Mk42gunner
08-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Since you said one door is a Stanley, you might try contacting them. They may at least be able to give you the corrrect nomenclature for the type of seal you need.

Good luck,

Robert

Slowpoke
08-04-2006, 12:34 AM
I tried the Lowes, Ace and True Value. Thought I would have the best luck at the True Value because the parent company has been an area business for decades. No luck so far. 5 doors on my house, 4 are from the original build 13 years ago and 1 is a newer Stanley. The new doors at the home center seem to use the same stuff. Like you said its real popular today, but the self stick junk is all I can find so far.

I thought and thought and came up with Q-Lon as the trade name for that style of weather strip, I googled it and sure enough, CRS did't win this time. :)

Good luck

slughammer
08-04-2006, 04:30 PM
I thought and thought and came up with Q-Lon as the trade name for that style of weather strip, I googled it and sure enough, CRS did't win this time. :)

Good luck

Home Depot it was. I stopped on the way to work and picked up a piece for $3.99. Tonight I'll check it for fit before I buy more.

Thanks !

Q-Lon, go figure.