PDA

View Full Version : Gestation period for primers

bishopgrandpa
05-25-2010, 10:36 AM
In June 2009 I ordered Federal 210 primers. My dealer called early this morning to let me know the stork brought him a pallet with all brands and sizes of primers, powder and .22 ammo. That makes gestation time 11 months. Must be a very involved process to deliver primers. Now to raise them to be productive members of society. I will do my best.

mike in co
05-25-2010, 11:26 AM
no..its getting the stuff in the hole...........its a very small hole and only one shot per hole and then the guy rolls over and takes a nap.....even if he missed the hole. just think how long it would have been if you ordered small rifle....

lol

Hardcast416taylor
05-25-2010, 01:04 PM
A chum of mine just got 10k small pistol primers in that he ordered 9 months back Since he owed me 3k, that`s what I`m using now.Robert

yarro
05-26-2010, 01:57 PM
I heard from a couple of firends that at the last show in Phoenix, everyone who had been out for months all had them. Prices ranged wildly from about 2.9 cents per to 4.5 cents per when buying 5000 a wack. The main powder guy didn't sell out so fast either and started with a greater selection. The backlog is definately dwindling and a lot of dealers just kept putting in more orders every month so I expect overshot to the upside at some point. A local dealer here said that he has 500k on backorder right now and he never carried more than about 20k in the shop at one time before.

-yarro