PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Capital Express lane for CHL

archmaker
05-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Seems the state capital of Texas has gone to more security measures, with metal detectors and the like.

However they are allowing CHL holders to bypass the scanning and with proper ID.

I saw this on our local news and then found a few articles backing it up.

The key is that CHL have always been allowed to carry in the State capital the thing I like is once they put in more security measures, those law abiding citizens who are properly licensed where taken into account, instead of the other way around.

DLCTEX
05-25-2010, 09:30 AM
A sensible act by politicians, how refreshing.:grin:

Echo
05-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Especially in Austin...

Freightman
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Now waiting for us (Texans) to follow AZ lead and put some stoppers in the boarder!

Char-Gar
05-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Freightman... The AZ will never be passed in Texas. Up there in the Panhandle you are too far out of mainstream Texas politics to read the tea leaves.

shooting on a shoestring
05-25-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm aware of a few of our Legislators that have their CHLs. I suspect most there do. Its probably more of a convience for them than a gesture to the public.

Cactus Farmer
05-25-2010, 09:20 PM
I heard that when you go to renew your driving licence in Texas next time you will need a birth cert.,passport or some other papers to show the state that your are who and what you said you are. Sounds like AZ thru the back door. It will just take a little longer. Mine woun't renew until the month after the Mayan calender ends. Might not need to drive then. The aliens will come and take a few of use for food or retraining.

Charley
05-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Predictably, the liberals in Sodom on the Colorado are going nuts over it.

lwknight
05-25-2010, 11:31 PM
I don't know how legitimate it is but is supposed to be a online petition for open carry in Texas.
http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html

So far 65,000 plus signatures.

For a copy click the line below
For a copy click this line (http://www.petitiononline.com/texasoc/petition.html)

challenger_i
05-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Send me a copy! I'll sign it!

a.squibload
05-26-2010, 02:43 AM
... The aliens will come and take a few of us for food or retraining.

You do mean the space aliens, right? I'll put in a good word for you, their women love me...;-)

I'll sign the petition if allowed, I'm out of state now.

---
Kept getting "internal server errors", will try again later.

Southern Son
05-26-2010, 03:51 AM
You do mean the space aliens, right? I'll put in a good word for you, their women love me...;-)

You hope that it's the alien women that love you......:mrgreen:

How do you tell the difference??????:veryconfu

a.squibload
05-27-2010, 05:29 AM
Dang, I better get a manual...