PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got a weird 9422?

fourarmed
05-23-2010, 11:51 PM
My cousin brought me a 9422 (.22 s, l, lr) that would not feed. It's problem seems to be that it has a .22 WMR bolt in it. I have no idea how that happened, but I would like to fix it. NGPC and Jack First don't have the bolt, and if they did, I am not sure which parts in the magnum bolt need replacing. I learned that I can send it to Browning and have it fixed for $110 plus all the shipping. I am hoping that somebody on this board has a magnum with the same problem, and we can swap bolts.

StarMetal
05-24-2010, 12:51 AM
Man...now that is a mix up for sure. Wonder how that got out of the factory?

Multigunner
05-24-2010, 01:30 AM
If the rifle was bought used perhaps it was originally in .22 Mag and a previous owner decided he would rebarrel it to .22 Long Rifle. Or the barrel got damaged and only .22 LR barrels were available to the owner.

PS
If it did leave the factory like that, the Browning or FN should replace the bolt for free, just to preserve their rep.

shotman
05-24-2010, 01:57 AM
I would run the serial no past browning they will fix for free if it came that way. I would bet it is a rebuild and that why he got it most 9422s are going for 600+
mag tube is different too, bet some other parts too

ANeat
05-24-2010, 09:19 AM
I wonder what the difference in the bolt would be??

Here is one on Gunbroker http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170377667

StarMetal
05-24-2010, 11:20 AM
The 22 magnum has a bigger rim diameter then the 22 long rifle so the recess in the bolt face would be larger, the extractors are tuned for the magnum, and the firing pin may, just may, be in a different farther out location as it has to hit the rim and the 22 mag rim is larger.

ANeat
05-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I originally thought that as well but there is no recess on the bolt face, and from what Ive seen the only different parts (magnum specific) are the carrier pawl, ejector and the lower extractor
Is there some identifying mark on the bolt that says "22 magnum" on it?? I just wonder if replacing those few parts would be all thats needed

fourarmed
05-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Au Contraire! The feed groove that runs up the front of the bolt face was the big giveaway. A LR rim would fall out of it. Also, the letter "M" on the bottom suggested a difference.