PDA

View Full Version : Scored some truck WW

yarro
05-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Finally got some wheel weights. Only 30lbs, but they are all lead truck wheel weights and all the same mfg. Mostly 2 and4 oz, but some 3 and 6s thrown in. About 2-3 lbs of 1/2oz stick-on. They will give me more as they get some. Only about 70-100lbs every 6-9 months, but they are free. They said that the scrap guy won't come and get them unless they have way more and he no longer wants to pay. Small trucking company that does their own tires as they have the equipment to do it from when the owner had a tire shop.

Someone at work tried to take some car wheel weights in, but they wouldn't take them unless they were sorted. I sorted through them and only 10% were lead. Waste of my time to sort that many out for so little lead. I have only done truck weights in the past, which are much bigger and less clip per weight. Don't know where he got them. Gave him back the zinc and iron sorted out so he could get his pennies.

Down to 200lbs of non-bulletized lead. 20lbs of pure. ~60lbs of wheel weight and 120lbs of #2 Lyman that was given to me. Think I might have ~20lbs of 67/33 solder from a wave solder machine after I deinstalled the last machine at an employer years ago. The disposal company was only getting paid (yep they paid them to take their solder because large companies are stupid and they wanted a piece of paper absolving them from liablity.) for a certain weight so the guy gave me the excess after we weighed it all. The funny thing was the division across the campus still used the same machines and solder.

-yarro

WHITETAIL
05-23-2010, 08:37 AM
yarro, it is great that you have s source.:coffeecom
Take all you can because you never know when your source may dry up.

lead4me
05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
Good for U, I have secured 3 different sources in my area for WW lately. I now have a problem of no buckets for them. Have 5 buckets to melt down before I get some more.
Gonna try to melt them down tomorrow and get them into ingots. I agree get all you can while you can. This is like an addiction to me...1 was too many & 1000 not enough