PDA

View Full Version : nny 6.5 swede brass?

6.5 mike
05-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Anybody use this for their swede ? I loaded 22 of this cases today with 170 cruise missles for the scoped swede I got recently. Only bad thing is the gascheck is well below the neck. I'm hoping these will fire form the neck & mouth of the case enough to be able to set pp'ed boolits without having to neck size. Got 50 more primed & waiting.

Gee_Wizz01
05-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I have some of this brass and it has proved to be excellent. I have about 4 loads on 20 of them using jacketed bullets. I have not had any issues whatsoever. The batch I have is about 15 years old and I wish I had more. I did some work with the cruise missile and had fairly good results. The throat on my 96 mauser is tight and I have to seat the base of the boolit into the case also.
G

MtGun44
05-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Prvi Partisan - The letters are the Russian character for "P" which is the same as
the Greek "Pi", used for the ratio of the circumference to the diameter for a circle.

Good ammo and good brass, in my experience.

Bill

JeffinNZ
05-23-2010, 05:36 AM
I am using Prvi Carcano brass. Nothing wrong with it.

Uncle Grinch
05-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Mike, I found NNY to be very good brass. It has served me well with cast boolit reloads over a dozen times. Plus the rim diameter is proper for the Mausers.

I need to pick some more up as I know there is a limit to how long it will last.

6.5 mike
05-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Thanks guys. Most of the 6.5's cases I have are range pick-ups so I've full lengh sized them not knowing what they were shot in. Going to load different ones for each swede. Tried the dummy I'd made in my unaltered 96, worked fine but to long for the m38, gota make another for it. Haven't slugged the other 2 swedes yet or the 260. Or the 6.5 JDJ barrel for my contender, ordered both BaBore's 6.5 moulds yesterday, the kurtz should be real interesting in the contender.
General info- the scoped swede I was talking about came with a half a box of remington 140's & a box of ingram (made in bosnia), these are boxer primed but have a smaller flash hole. I had some Russel from the range had saved for me so drilled the spent primer out with my drill press, poped the old ones out with a heavy corase threaded screw clamped in a vise, & used a #46 bit to drill the flash hole out. This just lets the pin on a lee GI decapper through, should work on others if anybody needs a way to fix them.
Gee wizz 01- where are you at ?

Tony65x55
05-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Prvi is some of the best Swede brass you can find. Extremely uniform and solid, with the correct Swedish Mauser case head. I have some old Privi stuff I have 20 firings on. Just bought 400 new casings.