PDA

View Full Version : 303 Guy

Fly
05-21-2010, 10:30 PM
303 Guy your grits are on there way.One caution with grits.DO NOT spill any
on you lawn.The people here can tell you, they will over take you lawn.

I spilled some one time & they were growing every where.See you buddy!

Fly:lovebooli

LewR
05-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Grits are some nasty stuff ....

303Guy
05-22-2010, 01:34 AM
Thank you kindly - much appreciated. I'm looking forward to trying it. I hope it gets past MAFF![smilie=1:

6.5 mike
05-22-2010, 08:15 PM
So now we're bootlegging grits to New Zealand ? I'm in.

a.squibload
05-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Try 'em with butter, throw fried egg on top, mmm mmm!

Fly
05-22-2010, 09:44 PM
6.5 mike Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee keep it quite please.

rhead
05-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Grits are some nasty stuff ....

:redneck: Grits are good with salt, butter, and sugar (or jam). You Yankees don't know nuttin about food.

wills
05-22-2010, 10:00 PM
http://www.austin360.com/food-drink/dining-at-home/true-grit-southern-staple-winning-over-new-generation-668900.html?viewAsSinglePage=true

I try to avoid anything in any way associated with the Peeples Republik of Austin, but the stinking commie propaganda sheet published in that city is the only daily newspaper we can get delivered here.

SWMBO saw the above article a couple of weeks ago, and tried the Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Grits. They are really good.

303Guy
05-22-2010, 10:24 PM
OK, now I'm confused. Should I be eating this stuff or shootin' it? Can I cook it over a charge of gunpowder under a lid of lead?:roll: Is there anotyhwer name for it? (Don't use correct spelling![smilie=1:)

Ummmm..... should I be baking it before shootin' it to prevent unwanted (sort of) seeding of the countryside? MAFF wouldn't be too happy with me for introducing something that helps the deer population grow unchecked!:twisted: Seriously! I wouldn't do such a thing.

6.5 mike
05-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Aw come on guys. I enjoy anything that's politically incorrect, just ask my wife.

hoosierlogger
05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Grits are good with butter and a little maple syrup.

armyrat1970
05-24-2010, 12:59 AM
There is a myth about grits being good to kill fireants. Found out it is just a myth as I sprinkled some around a number of piles in my yard. No dead ants but lots of little cornstalks began to grow.:groner:

a.squibload
05-24-2010, 04:32 AM
I try to avoid anything in any way associated with the Peeples Republik of Austin, but the stinking commie propaganda sheet published in that city is the only daily newspaper we can get delivered here.

SWMBO saw the above article a couple of weeks ago, and tried the Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Grits. They are really good.

Try the Wimberley paper, not much in it though, might be too far for delivery anyway, aw never mind.

Grits - good stuff.
Goat cheese grits - I'll try 'em!
Hominy grits - better.
Cream o' wheat - better than nothin'...

a.squibload
05-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Ummmm..... should I be baking it before shootin' it...

Which side of the rabbit fence are you on? Or is it a dingo fence, I can't remember,
seems like you guys have half a zillion invasive rabbits that would take care of the new veggies!
Actually about all I know about Oz is I saw a map o' tazzy once...

303Guy
05-24-2010, 04:58 AM
I'm in that south eastern province of Ozz called New Zealand.[smilie=1: Here there is a free for all on possum and wallaby and of course, rabbit. Over in Ozz there's a free for all on Kiwi's.:mrgreen:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo327/303Guy/RUGBY4a.jpg

But we all drink beer! :drinks:

lwknight
05-29-2010, 04:00 AM
They don't sell grits in NZ or what? Are yall talking about hominy grits?

303Guy
05-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Right! Now I know what true grits is! I haven't even found maizemeal, let alone grits, on the supermarket shelves. We do have speciality shops I could try.

Fly
05-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey buddy you should have yours any day now.
Fly

a.squibload
05-30-2010, 05:36 AM
303guy, just so we know Fly didn't cheap out on ya,

let us know hominy grits he sent ya!

Haww haw haw![smilie=l:

303Guy
05-31-2010, 02:47 AM
Yooh Hooh![smilie=w: The grits and the wax wad sheet arrived! :mrgreen: Would you believe the package had been opened! Seems the container got squashed and spilled into the package which musta felt like hero-inn powder! Hee Hee! :bigsmyl2: I'm looking forward to trying it - uh, in the gun, that is! I can see why id would make a good case filler. I had the idea of cornmeal before knew what grits was. I thought at the time cornmeal might be too fine. Grits looks to be about perfect!:Fire: Thank you kindly, Fly.:drinks:

You guys sure had me wondering what the heck grits was. Then I got the ingenious idea of looking it up on Wikipedia! Hah! Ya'll had me goin!:mrgreen: I can see why it would be very edible!

a.squibload
05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
He'll probably eat the grits and use kapok or somethin for filler...

armyrat1970
06-01-2010, 07:34 AM
303Guy. All was in good fun but, you might do better eating them instead of using them as a filler, depending on the cartridge you are filling. I have read fillers such as cornmeal and grits can cause a blockage in the necks of bottle neck cases. For bottle necked cases you would be better off using a wad like dryer lint or dycron. Cook up your grits with eggs, bacon and bisquits, and enjoy a good southern style breakfast.:)
Warren

Fly
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
He'll probably eat the grits and use kapok or somethin for filler...
NOW I LIKED THAT ONE!:mrgreen:

Fly
06-01-2010, 05:03 PM
a.squibload we now need to get .303 in eating chicken fry steak.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Multigunner
06-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Speaking of food being fired from a gun, two kids I went to junior high with were shot with a 12 gauge loaded with rock salt and bacon rinds, just like you hear of Grannie Clampet using.
They were stealing apples from an orchard.
One caught a full blast to the buttocks while just making it over a fence.

From what he told me it was an experiance he would not want to repeat.

From what I've heard the bacon rind is cut into shoestring size strips, so its like getting hit with a cat o nine tails.

303Guy
06-02-2010, 01:38 AM
I've heard of loading shotguns with small seeds - not sure what seeds but apparently it helped catch whoever got shot 'cause the seeds imbedded in him would germinate, forcing him to get medical attention!:bigsmyl2:

rhbrink
06-02-2010, 06:46 AM
I had a friend that had a dog problem getting into his trash, a big dog. So he decided to really teach him a lesson, took a shotgun shell and unloaded the lead shot and replaced it with popcorn. Worked too good killed the neighbors dog. I think that he was a little to close. He about went to jail over that deal.

303Guy
06-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Oops!

I think it's mustard seed one is supposed to use? Very fine seeds and they germinate in the flesh.:twisted:

a.squibload
06-04-2010, 03:30 AM
a.squibload we now need to get .303 in eating chicken fry steak.Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How about it 303guy? Chicken-fried steak & gravy, grits (or mashed taters), collard greens, green beans, pinto beans (sorry, still Texian at heart), could go on...

I did hear about roasted goana, or were they kiddin'?

PS: mustard seeds??? OW!

Multigunner
06-04-2010, 03:41 AM
I had a friend that had a dog problem getting into his trash, a big dog. So he decided to really teach him a lesson, took a shotgun shell and unloaded the lead shot and replaced it with popcorn. Worked too good killed the neighbors dog. I think that he was a little to close. He about went to jail over that deal.

I had some fairly soft textured 6mm Airsoft shot and tried it out in my S&W 78g .22 CO2 pistol. At close range the soft plastic BBs had as much if not more penetration of cans and sheet metal as the lead pellets.

Extremely lightweight projectiles can carry a great deal of energy for a short distance.
I've seen photos of wounds made by plastic pellets used in shotguns for riot control, a close range hit was a bloody mess.

303Guy
06-04-2010, 05:32 AM
I knew a fellow who killed a lion with 6's. There was a place and time when police used 'birdshot' for riot control. Their idea of birdshot was AAA! They would fire into the hard road surface in front of the rioters who would then be hit by ricochet's in the legs. I bet that would hurt.:shock: Mind you, the rioters were armed with Molotov Cocktails - petrol bombs.:evil:

michael30.06
06-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Bird shot bounced up from the ground, the time and place is now in Queensland prisons. Number 4 shot close range 20m or so. OWCH!!!!!!

a.squibload
06-08-2010, 04:56 AM
I've had birdshot rain down on me in the field, no big deal, but close up it's strong stuff.
I shot an abandoned washing machine from 20' with 2 3/4" 12ga #7½ shot, it made a hole through the front side metal skin,
both sides of the enameled tub, and almost made it through the back side.

303Guy
06-08-2010, 05:33 AM
I was retrieving a pidgeon from a sunflower field when I got stung on the side of my neck. There was a fragment of dove bone with a #7½ pellet stuck in it. The shooter was below the horisen from me about 100yds away. That pellet/bone fragment had travelled nearly half as far before striking me. Birdshot raining down is quite weired when standing in the middle of it in a reaped cornfield.

Up close even the plastic wad will cut a clean hole through a dove. (Makes one realise we actually missed!)

SPRINGFIELDM141972
06-11-2010, 01:47 PM
When in the service we were taught to use buckshot bounced off the steel deck of a vessel in the event of a rioting crowd rushing us. We had to practice and qualify using this technique on targets using a steel plate placed on the ground in front of the target. The resulting dispersement of buckshot across the targets is impressive to say the least.

Regards,
Everett