PDA

View Full Version : Another True Believer is born!!!

klcarroll
05-21-2010, 07:10 PM
Well…….., after 58 years of “Real Life” in this World, I am something of a “bitter old cynic” on everything from Political Parties to the brand of car I happen to be driving: ……I was convinced that caring about “Doing The Right Thing” and/or “Taking Care of The Customer” was a lost concept!

…..That is up until about an hour ago!

It all started about two weeks ago when I acquired an old Dillion RL450 for a very modest price. The basic press was in good condition, but there were one or two “problems” and a couple of missing parts.

The most significant issue was the fact that the previous owner had managed to break the Primer Shield Tube off the cast housing it screws into. (I don’t really want to know how he did that! LOL) Fortunately, the housing wasn’t broken, and when I got the press, there was still a threaded aluminum stub in the housing. (…All that remained of the Shield Tube Assembly.)

I unscrewed the stub, and noting that it was a simple ½-20 threaded piece, I figured that I would just fire up the lathe and make a new shield assembly: ….But, as always, a “digging expedition” into my scrap bin failed to turn up the appropriate pieces of aluminum stock.

In a fit of laziness inspired by the apparent need to make a trip to my scrap source, ….I fired off an email to Dillon and asked them how much they would charge me for a new assembly: …..I even explained that the part had been broken by the guy I bought the press from!

I just received a reply to my email; ……And it simply said that a new assembly was on the way!! …….”No Charge!!!!!!!!”

I may be a cranky, old cynic on every other subject; ……But I just became a True “BLUE” Believer!!!

Kent

Charlie Two Tracks
05-21-2010, 09:33 PM
That sounds great Kent. They must really appreciate their customers and people who buy their product used. With service like that, a guy doesn't have to worry about what condition a press is in when he buys it.

klcarroll
05-21-2010, 10:07 PM
That sounds great Kent. They must really appreciate their customers and people who buy their product used. With service like that, a guy doesn't have to worry about what condition a press is in when he buys it.

Well, .....to be honest, .......it's almost embarassing! I knew what I was buying when I bought the press: .....And I never even dreamed that I would get this kind of support from Dillon!! (....On a press that has been out of production for years, too!!)

I have to say that Dillon's Support Policy is pure genius! .......They converted me to a Lifetime Customer with just one service ticket!

......I just wish our Elected Officials had the same set of Ethics!!!

Kent

Mk42gunner
05-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Well,

......I just wish our Elected Officials had the same set of Ethics!!!

Kent

I wish they had any ethics....

Robert

Southern Son
05-22-2010, 06:46 AM
I love my 550B. I think that Dillon may be going so far with their customer support that they might even be doing themselves out of money. I was thinking of getting a 650, but after I got the case feeder for my 550, that won't be happening. It does everything that I need of it, faster and easier, and I cannot see any reason to "upgrade". Having said that, if I ever win lotto, then I will be getting everything in the Dillon cataloge, even the stuff I don't need.

AzShooter
05-22-2010, 07:01 AM
I love Dillon for their service. Today I had problems with my primer feed unit and since I live close I brought it in. They replaced the parts, no charge. I did buy a spare parts kit so I can grease up my 550 and 650 and boy do they run smoother now.

I started with a 300 many years ago, upgraded to a 450, then 550 and bought the 650s for my .38 loads. Everything I do on the 550 uses Large primers so that really helps not having to change thing out, just replace the tool head and caliper change kits and I'm good to go in 10 minutes.

They even replaced a few parts I lost when changing calibers, at no cost. Why would I choose anyone else?

Good luck with your 450. Hope you load on it for a long time..

Lloyd Smale
05-22-2010, 07:55 AM
they replaced my 550 that burned in a fire that was my fault!

D Crockett
05-22-2010, 08:40 AM
when it comes to my reloading and casting stuff I try to have blue and green in my shop blue for Dillon and green for RCBS both have the same kind of GREAT SERVICE D Crockett

mroliver77
05-22-2010, 11:43 AM
I have two Square Deals and 2 550's. I really like them! I read somewhere a fellow was told to "upgrade" from a SD to a 550. I keep one SD set up for .45acp and in my opinion it dont get any better for the non professional reloader doing handgun rounds. I had some troubles with the primer feed when I first got it (used) and had to sit down and study it until I understood it well enough to troubleshoot the elusive problem myself. It runs for long loading sessions with few to no problems.Keep it clean and it loads lots of perfect rounds pretty quick. A couple weeks back I had a friend running it and all at once he said the primer would not seat and felt "squishy". A quick look showed that the handle had snapped. I dont know if there is any blame but friend felt really bad. I said watch this. I called Dillion and asked for warranty dept. Fellow on line within a minute asked the problem. I told him about broken handle. He said ok anything else? Nope. He asked my zip and last name. It came up on his puter with correct address and he stated it would go right out. It came in a few days and had all the support parts with it that I had not asked for. Friend was amazed.
Now I have some Lee loading tools and moulds and will not badmouth most of them but I sure do like my Blue machines!
Jay

1hole
05-23-2010, 04:26 PM
" Quote:
Originally Posted by klcarroll

Well, ......I just wish our Elected Officials had the same set of Ethics!!!

Kent : I wish they had any ethics.... "

I wish they knew the defination of many such strange (to them) terms as "ethics."
Or even simple kid stuff like what "is" and "sex" means, or what "I swear to uphold the
Constitution of the United States" means! Aw well, ... seems it is not to be.