PDA

View Full Version : Lead prices

mastercast.com
05-19-2010, 10:33 PM
FOLKS,

It looks like lead prices are going down right now!

Cross your fingers, and hope it goes down to around $00.50 as it has before.

The folks that I talk to, that should know, tell me that lead is going to go down, way down, and then it is going to hit record highs.

You pay your money, and you take your chances, as I do. It is a **** shoot, for lack of a better way to say it.

Mike

mac1911
05-19-2010, 11:14 PM
scrap lead prices have been way down in my area. Most recyle centers dont even want to bother with WWs right now unless you have a lot. I tried buying some recently but they did not have any.

GabbyM
05-19-2010, 11:52 PM
FOLKS,

It looks like lead prices are going down right now!

Cross your fingers, and hope it goes down to around $00.50 as it has before.

The folks that I talk to, that should know, tell me that lead is going to go down, way down, and then it is going to hit record highs.

You pay your money, and you take your chances, as I do. It is a **** shoot, for lack of a better way to say it.

Mike

I can't see record highs. They must have a crystal ball of a different color than mine. What mine shows is world economy going completely down the tubes and staying their for a decade or two.
I think your friend may e confusing the link between different commodities like gold to lead. If lead gets cheap it would of course be a good time to buy all you'll need.

mastercast.com
05-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I can't see record highs. They must have a crystal ball of a different color than mine. What mine shows is world economy going completely down the tubes and staying their for a decade or two.
I think your friend may e confusing the link between different commodities like gold to lead. If lead gets cheap it would of course be a good time to buy all you'll need.

Sir,

There are two(2) kinds of depression...we are headed to the inflationary type where goods are more expensive than we can afford. That would be why lead will be more expensive.

mastercast.com
05-20-2010, 11:00 PM
moderator,

You changed my comment about "**** shoot"...to XXXX shoot......why?

Good God, why? A "**** shoot" is a game played with dies, with dots, etc., on them. Do you know what a **** shoot is?

I knew what a **** shoot was when I was about eight years old. Do you?

If I can not use the proper phrases for what I am talking about, like a "**** shoot" on your forum, just let me know, and I am out of here.

Is this a forum for kindergarteners or adults? "**** Shoot" should work either way. They will not know what it means, unless some adult tells them.

I am tired of this ****.

GabbyM
05-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Sir,

There are two(2) kinds of depression...we are headed to the inflationary type where goods are more expensive than we can afford. That would be why lead will be more expensive.

So we will need a wagon load of money to buy a wagon laod of bread. :violin:

I still have hopes we can avert collapse of our dollar if we vote the fools out in November. Seams a bit of a hail marry pass but may as well have hope.

Last week the Euro was collapsing faster than the dollar and Obama admin tried to make that out to be a good thing. What a bunch of evil Creations.

runfiverun
05-20-2010, 11:45 PM
I am gonna half answer the ? about ****.
it's plain not accepted here, no matter what form it takes or what it describes..
and there are kindergardeners that do read this forum.

jimmeyjack
05-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Maybe you should have read the rules then before you wasted your time and joined... http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=65011
moderator,

Good God, why? A "**** shoot" is a game played with dies, with dots, etc., on them. Do you know what a **** shoot is?

If I can not use the proper phrases for what I am talking about, like a "**** shoot" on your forum, just let me know, and I am out of here.

Is this a forum for kindergarteners or adults? "**** Shoot" should work either way. They will not know what it means, unless some adult tells them.

I am tired of this ****.

mac1911
05-21-2010, 07:10 AM
crapshoot- is a word with a proper definition when used as **** shoot well now you are shooting XXXX, the program used to filter will reconize this

fredj338
05-21-2010, 05:15 PM
moderator,

I am tired of this ****.

Most forums block certain words, be creative, try krapshoot.
FWIW, I don't see an economic recvery anytime soon, at least as long as PBO is pres. What I do see is inflation starting to creep up & all commodities will go higher as money is worth less & hard assests more. SO get what you can when yo ucan for the best price. I doubt you'll see it get any cheaper. I haven't seen $1/gal gas in along time.

mastercast.com
05-21-2010, 11:39 PM
I am gonna half answer the ? about ****.
it's plain not accepted here, no matter what form it takes or what it describes..
and there are kindergardeners that do read this forum.

Most interesting...crapshoot is a word that details a game of chance...I put those words together, perhaps no prohibited words there. No censorship.

There are kindergartners here? Hmmmmm...I wonder what they might do beyond looking at pictures? Since when can a kindergarten child read?

What in the hell is a kindergarten child doing on the internet? Might that be a cause for intervention by someone from law enforcement?

Nice try, but you may be full of prunes Sir.

mastercast.com
05-21-2010, 11:48 PM
Maybe you should have read the rules then before you wasted your time and joined... http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=65011

Perhaps you shoud have read my posts in their entirety..I do not waste my time.

mastercast.com
05-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Perhaps you shoud have read my posts in their entirety..I do not waste my time.

PLEASE NOTE THAT "**** shoot" IS NOW NOT BEING EDITED.

randyrat
05-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Looks like....if i'm reading the markets right.... Warehouse stock levels are way up. Price is way down...
1) either they know(business people) something we don't or they expect prices to go up
2) they got caught buying a whole bunch of lead at a higher price and the market bit them in the ****, suprised them.
3) the world economy is worse than they expected and buyers are just broke, nobody is buying their products so their warehouse inventories are just sitting there.
Thats my look at it......I just checked yesterdays market and lead went up a few cents.

I see another company in Wisconsin is moving to Mexico (Polaris snow machines, snowmobiles) I didn't think this was gonna happen with our new "hope and change" -Hope- things get better and All i have left in my pocket is change

jimmeyjack
05-22-2010, 10:25 AM
:veryconfu[smilie=l:QUOTE=mastercast.com;902217]PLEASE NOTE THAT "**** shoot" IS NOW NOT BEING EDITED.[/QUOTE]

jcwit
05-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Mayhaps some here should look up the word being discussed in their dictionary. My Webster's New World Dictionary lists 2 entrys for said word neither of which referring to what most here are offended by.

If kindergerten kids are reading this forum, I'm fairly certain they are also reading much worse than this.

JIMinPHX
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
The spot price of lead has been hovering around a buck since September of 2009. Right now, its down about 20%. The last time that I bought any, it was below $0.50.

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical_large.html

In my mind, the big thing that would drive the price of lead up to crazy levels would be a sudden demand for large storage batteries, like you might use in an electric car.

mastercast.com
05-23-2010, 10:52 PM
The spot price of lead has been hovering around a buck since September of 2009. Right now, its down about 20%. The last time that I bought any, it was below $0.50.

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical_large.html

In my mind, the big thing that would drive the price of lead up to crazy levels would be a sudden demand for large storage batteries, like you might use in an electric car.

China makes most of the worlds batteries. Small, large, and really large.

China makes most of the products we use in this country. Try and find something that you want, that you would be willing to pay that price for, that is not mde in China.

Do NOT buy food from China, for you or for your pet. Do not buy food from third world countries...some of it grown in sewage lagoons, polluted rivers, lakes, etc..YUCK! Read the package that you are thinking about buying, and determine where it came from. If you can't, do not buy it!

jimmeyjack
05-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Nope, batteries are actually the one thing that is still made mostly here and in japan.Sanyo manufactres most of the batteries used in hybrid cars, phones etc. in Japan. most standard car starting batteries are made here in the USA[smilie=2:
China makes most of the worlds batteries. Small, large, and really large.

China makes most of the products we use in this country. Try and find something that you want, that you would be willing to pay that price for, that is not mde in China.

Do NOT buy food from China, for you or for your pet. Do not buy food from third world countries...some of it grown in sewage lagoons, polluted rivers, lakes, etc..YUCK! Read the package that you are thinking about buying, and determine where it came from. If you can't, do not buy it!

mastercast.com
05-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Nope, batteries are actually the one thing that is still made mostly here and in japan.Sanyo manufactres most of the batteries used in hybrid cars, phones etc. in Japan. most standard car starting batteries are made here in the USA[smilie=2:

Curious,

There are over 50,000 manufacturers of batteries listed on the web. Most are from China.

"EXIDE" batteries...now made in China.

"SEARS" batteries now made in China.

TROLLING MOTOR BATTERIES" now made in China.

"Flashlight Batteries" now made in China.

The list goes on, and on.

I have or had examples of each here....you had only to read the fine print.

jimmeyjack
05-24-2010, 10:52 PM
Curious,

There are over 50,000 manufacturers of batteries listed on the web. Most are from China.

"EXIDE" batteries...now made in China.

"SEARS" batteries now made in China.

TROLLING MOTOR BATTERIES" now made in China.

"Flashlight Batteries" now made in China.

The list goes on, and on.

I have or had examples of each here....you had only to read the fine print.

Even more curious..
http://jgdarden.com/batteryfaq/batbrand.htm
Funny my diehard platinums in the boat have made in america in them

fryboy
05-24-2010, 11:04 PM
if there's one metal i do watch the price of it is lead ..never managed to save much silver or gold ( some one was always willing to pay dearly for that ) but lead it seemed that few wanted it ..i never managed to save much lead either tho :P seems it always wants cast or traded for better lead/tin ,tin is one i should be watching as well,i do tend to think that inflation is gonna skyrocket , after all u cant just print a few trillon dollars with nothing behind it and not raise inflation ( and yup thaz what they did ) before Y2K i thought everyone was nutz ...max out the plastic ? ( that dint work out so good for those who did it -prolly even somehow helped contribute to where we are today - irresponsible spending )i do see a glut in supply ,how low that will drop it i dont know ( it'll raise it if they push petrol high again just as it did last time -everything goes up accordingly )
as for the batteries ..... i dont mess with them ( u shouldnt either ), the hybrid cars arent going for lead batteries anyways they're using other rarer metals ,and it's true that china makes alot of stuff ( after all the almighty dollar-and those who use it - are still looking for the cheapest price of labor and materials) tho i'm pretty certain that some are still made in the usa and various other countries as well ( taiwan comes to mind )

jimmeyjack
05-24-2010, 11:15 PM
also, dewalt batts made in japan, all the batts in the 5 flashlights I have handy all say made in USA. maybe the cheap ones are made in china. Mexico makes alot too. One batt I bought cheap on e-*** is made in china but the one it came with is made in japan.