PDA

View Full Version : t/c 209x50 pistol

whitetailsniper
05-18-2010, 01:10 AM
hello,
i just got myself a little brother for its bigger brother the t/c encore 209x50 rifle. so reflecting on those many close encounters,i thought how nice it would be to have a handgun version of the rifle, so i bought the 209x50 15 inch barrel. and took off my 30 tc barrel 15 inch. and installed the 209x50 15 inch barrel and it looks like a swaed off shotgun, mean ,and ruthless. now keeping in mind i shoot pyrodex pellets in my rifle i use 2 of them over a 50 cal sabot using a 45 xtp bullet
with pin point results,i decided to set my pistol up with the same style breech plug, and some other options i installed on my encore rifle,my pistol now has. i plan on shooting the same sabots,but have no idea were to start with the powder load,, t/c says 80 grains, fox ridge says 100. anybody have one of these who knows? im now wondering what the recoils going to be like as i have yet been able to sight it in,do to i broke my ankle,and torn my tenden,crushed the bones in my foot. im just about healed and ready to go to the range to try her out. anyone with load data or have one of these,care to share your exsperiances.

tcreteau
07-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Would you like to sell the complete barrel kit? If not, where did you find yours? I'm having a hard time finding one. Thanks, Travis.

DIRT Farmer
07-13-2010, 08:41 PM
I would think 80 grns would set the woods on fire let alone 100. If you are wanting to hunt with it I would think one pellet would be plenty, after all the 44-40 was considered a good deer cartridge with a bullet in the same range and 40 grns of fffg. It dosen't matter how much you put in if it burns out side the barrel.