PDA

View Full Version : 92 Rossi Question?

45-70 Chevroner
05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
My Rossi 92 (45 colt) will feed the lighter weight bullets ok, but the lift (or what ever it is called) will not lift up the 250 gr. boolits unless I rack the leaver back pretty hard. Even then it won't always pick it up far enough to feed. I'm not to sure this is a good practice. What is the solution? Is there a stronger spring or something to assist in this situation? I would have to have a gun smith install any new parts, unless someone can give me instructions to take it apart and get it back together.

fecmech
05-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Your OAL may be too long with the heavier bullets and they drag on the cartridges in the mag tube. By racking the lever harder you are overcoming the drag. Try seating the bullets a little deeper and make sure your OAL is within factory specs.

lonnydk
05-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Your OAL may be too long with the heavier bullets and they drag on the cartridges in the mag tube. By racking the lever harder you are overcoming the drag. Try seating the bullets a little deeper and make sure your OAL is within factory specs.

+1....The weight of the boolit doesn't enter into this equation but overall length sure does.

45-70 Chevroner
05-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks I will check that out. I am using a Lyman 250 gr. keith style bullet and crimping in the crimp groove. It is possiable though.

txhunter77
05-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Mine will not feed anything much longer than 1.680" OAL. Beyond that it is a struggle to get the round to chamber without racking the lever forward really hard.