PDA

View Full Version : Sight on Destroyer Carbine

Franklin Zeman
05-17-2010, 06:17 PM
How do I get the rear sight off without destroying it ???? Put a peep on the bridge and now the rear sight needs to go. Second question, is there any advantage to ditching the barrel bands to improve accuracy ???? Front site will probably get replaced. Thanks for any suggestions.

Larry Gibson
05-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Knock out the pin holding the rear sight ladder on and remove the ladder. Remove the spring also. There may or may not be a set screw under the spring, if so remove it. With a propane torch heat around the rear sight band/base until the solder breaks loose and the sight can be tapped off forward with a wood stick or mallet. It may be necessary to remove the front sight blade for the rear sight band to go over it and off the barrel.

I never found the front band on my rifle to cause any increase or decrease in accuracy so I left it on. Your rifle may be different as it probably will depend on the bedding and any tension the bad(s) put on the barrel. Only one way to know and that is to test it.

Larry Gibson

Franklin Zeman
05-18-2010, 06:36 AM
Thanks Larry. I figured someone had to have done this before. Love this web site !!!!

Catshooter
05-23-2010, 05:01 PM
If you like that carbine, do a search for a thread posted by Buckshot. He converted one to 45 ACP. Quite cool.

Cat