05-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Benchrest Central

www.benchrest.com

Competitive Benchrest Forum

Benchrest Bullet Making

2/3 down the page

Rock
05-16-2010, 01:30 PM
why not provide a direct link to the discussion?

miestro_jerry
05-16-2010, 02:55 PM
I would like to see this also, please post the link, so we don't have to an hour or so of searching.

Jerry

ANeat
05-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Probably one of the swaging discussions over at Benchrest Central.

Well worth the search if youre so inclined. Lots of good info on "precision" swaging over there

DLCTEX
05-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Couldn't access "articles".

ExcIsAc
05-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Over three hundred posts to wade through and the discussion is now turning to bullet coatings.

Direct link:
http://benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67974

stephen perry
05-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Only expected the usual 20-25 posts when I started the BR Bullet Making Thread on BRC. Interest in bullet making peaked the second day after the narthywells and dullards had their say. I have made pistol swaged, Cast and, BR swaged bullets since 1963 when I was 13. So since I have shot NBRSA BR since 1977 and used Bergers, Gentners, and Metzger BR bullets I knew I had to make a bullet as good as theirs or I woudn't be competitive with the guys in the SW Region where I compete. I did. I bought good stuff Simonson 6mm carbide and Rorschasch 22carbide dies. Have my 3 RCBS Rockchucker presses, actually one press is an A2, and have learned the craft. Everybody needs a mentor in making BR bullets to shorten the learning curve and learn quality control. My mentor is Lowell Frei of Utah a Hall of Fame BR shooter who has made his own BR bullets since 1979.

I taught BR Bullet Making along with Walt Berger at the 2006 BR School I ran at San Gabriel Range in 2006. Hauled out my bullet making cube out and let the guys make bullets, I provided the jackets and lead wire to make the cores. You can read the article and see my equipment in the 6mmBR Website. The article is in the Archived Articles section. Title is San Gabriel BR School. Sorry I'm tired of providing Web addresses, it's easy to find.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

lup
05-17-2010, 02:12 PM
<QUOTE>

I taught BR Bullet Making along with Walt Berger at the 2006 BR School I ran at San Gabriel Range in 2006. Hauled out my bullet making cube out and let the guys make bullets, Iprovided the jackets and lead wire to make the cores. You can read the article and see my equipment in the 6mmBR Website. The article is in the Archived Articles section. Title is San Gabriel BR School. Sorry I'm tired of providing Web addresses, it's easy to find.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR[/QUOTE]

http://www.6mmbr.com/BRschool.html is the address you reference as near as I can tell, however I don't see any swaging or bullet making information listed. Is this the article you're refering to?

ANeat
05-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Lup the link in post #6 takes you directly to the thread.

Your link is just an overview of the benchrest school

stephen perry
05-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Go over to BR Central and look on the Competitive Benchrest-Only Forum and towards the bottom you'll find my bullet making Thread, some of it refers to our 2004 and 2006 BR schools we held at the San Gabriel BR Range. I don't do links very well.

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

deltaenterprizes
05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Nice site!