PDA

View Full Version : reloading manuals

Beekeeper
05-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Does anyone make a reloading manual for cast only that covers all molds?
I have the Lyman 49th edition which is pretty good and the Lee which has a lot of good info but little on powders that I or anyone here that I have read uses.
I have the hornady book also and unless you are useing J word it is almost useless.

Would like to know what every body else uses that is diferent so maybe I can increase my library.

Jim

wiljen
05-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Not that I know of, would be nice but nobody makes a all-cast, all-molds manual.

cuzinbruce
05-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Lyman printed three manuals just on cast bullets over the years. All useful if you can find them. Also, Lyman has cast bullet loads for everything in their regular reloading manuals. Check the older editions if you are using older calibers. RCBS printed one edition of a cast bullet manual for their line of molds. Not a manual but quite useful is the Cast Bullets book by Harrison, published by the NRA and The Art of Bullet Casting published by Handloader magazine.
Good Luck
Bruce

05-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Supposedly, Lyman's upcoming 4th Edition Cast Bullet Handbook will cover other brands of moulds.

The out-of-print RCBS manual is available from ebay for $10. It's not the original hard-cover but a soft-cover, spiral-bound version that looks like it was put together by Kinkos. It offers some casting information that Lyman does cover, though the loading section is strictly about their moulds.

Duckiller
05-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Rumor has it that the 4th Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook is supposed to be out SOON. Also supposed to include molds other than Lyman. A call to Lyman customer service may be in order soon.

dale2242
05-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I`m thinking making a loading manual that covers all molds would be a nearly impossible task. Think of all the possible boolit- powder -primer combos. Lyman is the place to start....dale

AZ-Stew
05-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Between the number of moulds and the number of cartridges that have been produced over the last 150 years, it would be an impossible task. Add to that the fact that it would take about three months to print and deliver such a manual after the last edit and proofread, during which time several moulds could be both created or dropped from production, and you have the makings of an impossible task.

As others have said, go with the latest Lyman handloading manuals and their new cast bullet manual when it hits the stands. If you get bored waiting, there are several good tomes that are out of print that you can probably find via internet searches.

Regards,

Stew