PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my TC Encore Pistol...

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
05-15-2010, 11:13 AM
Hey fellas, I recently purchased a TC encore pistol in 454 Casull. It is now time for me to do what I hate MOST...figure out which scope I want and bases and rings that will give a proper fit. After literally hours of reseach, I am still unsure. I want a decent scope (probably no more than $150) and would like magnification up to 7x. I want to do long range plinking and make this my deer/hog gun. I also need a scope that has been known to hold up to heavy recoil. If any of you guys would like share some thoughts and maybe some pictures of your setup I would surely appreciate it. Thanks a bunch guys (and ladies..of course :mrgreen:).

James C. Snodgrass
05-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Bushnell Elite 2x6 is the scope that I use . I've got half a dozen or more and have had them on 308 Win , 375 JDJ and other hard kickers with out any problems . As far as rings and bases go the ugly old Weavers are as tough as they are ugly .

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
05-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Have a model number on those rings and bases? Thanks!

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
05-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Nevermind....I think I found the combination that I want. Thanks for the help! I did some research on that bushnell scope and think it will work just fine! Thanks!

lathesmith
05-16-2010, 05:53 PM
For that level of recoil, steel bases/rings are a must, the standard aluminum mounts won't hold up very long. Of course, if you are only using plinker loads, about anything will work. But since you are wanting to bust some hogs, I'd go for the heavier stuff.

lathesmith

bearcove
05-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Buy a scope with a good warranty. Chances are you will have opportunity to use it. Especially with full power 454's. Mines a 12 inch, before I got a brake on it, it was a beast with hot and heavy loads.

Tom W.
05-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I have the Burris Signature double dovetail rings and a Burris 2x7 posi lock on mine. I've had to tighten it a few times, but it's solid now...