PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 45 sizer question

BSkerj
05-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Up until now I have tumble lubed. I ran across a good deal on a used Lyman 45 Lubrisizer. I looked on Midways website to get some dies, 452, 358, 459, and the description said they will work on the Lyman 450 and 4500. Will they also work with the 45 Lyman ? Also, does anyone have any of these they would like to get rid of. ....Thanks in advance.

Whoops...looks like Skimmerhead ask the same question on a thread below..I still am interested in buying any used dies though...Thanks

NuJudge
05-15-2010, 07:26 AM
I have several 45 and 450 machines, and use the same dies in them. RCBS dies work fine also. The "O" ring seals on the dies spring slow leaks a lot on the 45 machines. The size Lyman used to use is available at hardware stores very cheap. Lyman now offers a beefier O ring, but I have not used them yet.

Lyman only makes a few sizes. There are several members of the board who make dies for 45/450/4500 machines, inexpensively. The members also modify Lyman and RCBS dies to custom diameters. Buckshot and Lathesmith come to mind . . .

cheese1566
05-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Dies will interchange, but remember that they are held by a perpendicular setscrew, some leakage may occur.

Also be careful not to over tighten the setscrew and crack the casting. :cry: