PDA

View Full Version : Where to get pure lead?

shooter75126
05-15-2010, 12:16 AM
I have a trade in the works with one of the members here on the forum, but it's a limited supply of pure. It will last me a pretty good while, but I need some ideas on a reliable, consistent supply of pure. I've got a good source of lino at a decent price. My limitation is price. I'm a newlywed with a new house, etc. I cast because I like to, but also because it allows me to shoot more than buying commercial boolits. So, any suggestions on where to get some free or cheap would be a great help.

Muddy Creek Sam
05-15-2010, 12:20 AM
I get what lead I can at the best prices I can find and then trade as much as possible for Pure lead. I shoot C&B and BP 95% of the time, so it makes Pure preferable. If you have a good source of lino, Post on the swap section that you are looking to trade what you have plenty of for what you need.

Sam :D

RayinNH
05-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Plumbers and masons can be your friend. I got about three hundred pounds of roof/chimney flashing last summer for $40...Ray

Faret
07-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I have a trade in the works with one of the members here on the forum, but it's a limited supply of pure. It will last me a pretty good while, but I need some ideas on a reliable, consistent supply of pure. I've got a good source of lino at a decent price. My limitation is price. I'm a newlywed with a new house, etc. I cast because I like to, but also because it allows me to shoot more than buying commercial boolits. So, any suggestions on where to get some free or cheap would be a great help.

If this is the same guy I was trading with he hasn't sent me my piece of the pie yet watch out for him!

lwknight
07-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Roofers always have lead. Some just throw it in the trash with the shingles.

Dannix
07-24-2010, 04:39 AM
If this is the same guy I was trading with he hasn't sent me my piece of the pie yet watch out for him!
Did you put in a deadbeats thread?

blikseme300
07-24-2010, 05:44 AM

Shooter,

If you are price sensitive then luck starts playing a large role in getting Pb.

It is sorta funny that I started stumbling across large amounts of Pb once I had spread the word locally that I need the stuff. Having invited a number of friends to come and shoot & BBQ helped. :razz: Every so often a bucket or box of Pb is left on my porch. These gifts range from WW's to large amounts of sheet.

Bliksem

qajaq59
07-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Try your local scrap yard. That's where the roofers and plumbers sell it. Lately I've been getting a lot of soft lead. But it seems to come in cycles.

Faret
07-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Did you put in a deadbeats thread?

Just did! Thanks

qajaq59
07-24-2010, 10:55 AM
blikseme300's right. The more people you talk to the more lead you'll end up with.