PDA

View Full Version : lee universal decping die

windwalker
07-29-2006, 02:50 PM
i orderd a lee univesal decaping die direct from lee on june 22, rang them and told the woman i was ringing from australia to enquire about my order.as it had been 5 weeks and no die .let me say i have never bee so badley treated as i was from this woman. she was very roude and gave me the impression she could not care less, she snaped out that it will be 6 two 8 weeks and hung up. i will give it an outher two weeks and if it does not arive i will be ringing again i hope i do not get that woman again as i will ask to speek to a manerger. in the past when i have rung lee the staff have allways been very helpfull and very polite.
bernie:-D

utk
07-29-2006, 04:19 PM
I've never actually spoken with anybody at LEE, only email correspondence. But I consider them only so-so on customer service. They just do what they absolutely "have to" - no more.
RCBS is a totally different world, they are most helpful and generous.

Urban

Pystis
07-29-2006, 04:31 PM
I bought Lee cutter shellholder and pilot for .243 Win. Well, that was what I thought.
The shellholder seemed to be #16 instead of #2.
Of course I was dumb enough to open the package before checking the number. So I guess I have to experince their customer service... :groner:

utk
07-29-2006, 04:44 PM
What PO's me is that they require me to send back the defective parts. And that's quite expensive from Sweden...
RCBS take my word for good and sends replacements without questions (probably cheaper for them too, nobody needs to go through and toss defective parts.)

Urban

omgb
07-30-2006, 03:20 AM
My experience with Lee CS is pretty much the same PITA. I broke several of their hand decapping rods taking out Military primers from once-fired Korean Milsurp. I actually had to send back the broken rods to get new ones...stupid.

If you really need one of those decapper dies why ot order from Midway? They'll ship next day and take credit cards over the phone or by email.

KirbyAUS
07-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Bernie,
cancel that order direct with Lee.
I now buy all my Lee products from Western Firearms in NSW. Ph 02 9570 4794
Excellent prices and very fast shipping 2-3 days.
Mine cost me $25 Dingo dollars.

Kirby.

windwalker
07-30-2006, 07:00 AM
KirbyAUS thanks for the info on western firearms but lee already prossed my crdit card so will just have to wait and see.
bernie:(

August
07-30-2006, 09:23 AM
I have gotten a lot of use out of my RCBS universal decapping die. When the depriming pin broke (my fault, BTW), I could go to local emporium and find a package of them. Back in business in an hour.