PDA

View Full Version : My new/old 7.65 argentine mauser

Frank46
05-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Well got another project getting ready to go to the gunsmith. 1937 czech vz24 action dated 1937 that supposedly went to the japanese and a cherry 7.65x53mm argentine carbine barrel. Going to get the bolt altered for low scope use, have the argie bbl fitted to the czech action that has a k98 complete bolt assembly will be drilled and tapped for a scope so's these old eyes can see what he's shootin' at and if I get really lucky maybe springfield sporters has a carbine stock laying around doing nuthing. Bought my first 1891 argie in 1968 just out of the navy. Have about enough parts to assemble a couple more. Brass, dies are in stock plus 3 boxes privi
180 grain round nosed ammunition. This year may be a first for me. I actually am sending out a 12/15 bsa martini to have some work done on it. Do some adjusting so's the block can drop a little lower and let the extractor do some work. Then fit the forend and buttstock and maybe one of the weaver steel rails so I can use a scope.
And then If I get really lucky I have gone over to the dark side with an 1853 zouave
in 58 caliber. First black powder rifle for me. Hopefully will have the zouave in a couple weeks and start making some minnie's balls. Frank

dualsport
05-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Good on ya, Frank. I like your thinking. I know that Zouave will be a lot of fun, I've had one for a long time. Great shooter, even does ok with patched round balls.

Frank46
05-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Well the zouave kinda got me. Always wanted one and in this case the price was ok.
Have about 500 lbs roof sheathing sitting under the car port doing nothing. Good excuse as any. Haven't shot black powder in all my years and wanted something different. Course the 7.65 carbine barrel has an almost mint bore and my first rifle was an 1891 argy. Frank