PDA

View Full Version : Wonder sight

johniv
07-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Tpr. Bret; Thanks for the tip on the wonder sight on the S&W 1917. Just got mine and took it to the range today. I can actually see the sights, groups are more consistant and I dont have to burn my targets before I leave the range.
Great day at the range , I was the only one there and as I was shooting at 25 yds , a doe walked into a clearing past the 100 yd berm with a nearly all white fawn, and stood there untill I started down to change my target. This is the not the first mostly white fawn I have seen there over the last cuppla years{no they aint goats} Makes for a pleasant evening.
John

Bret4207
07-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Yer most welcome. I took mine out a while back and found the ol' 17 is capable of respectable grouping thanks to the new Wondersight. I should buy 5 or 6 and keep them for future guns. Yeah, right.......

waksupi
07-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Where does one, find these Wondersights?

BOOM BOOM
07-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Hi,
Is That The Peep Sight For Revolvers ?

johniv
07-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Adjustable sight fits on S&W fixed sight revolvers with a screw in the top portion of the sideplate(they have sights for others as well, mine is on a '17 S&W.
Check out this gentlemans websight wapiti@peak.org. and drop him an E mail.
John

Char-Gar
07-30-2006, 07:10 AM
These sights have been around as long as I can remember and my shooting days go back to the early 50's. I am glad their are still available and are a bargin for the price.

I have on on a 1917/39 Smith and Wession Brazilian and another on a 1932 vintage 5" Smith and Wesson Military and Police. These sights enable me to get a good sight picture and dead on POI with something other than service loads.

The big 45 uses 200 SWC cast at 850 fps and produced outstanding accuracy. The 38 is dedicated to target wadcutter loads.

They are not as good as factory adjustables/target sights, but much better than the old "hog waller" non-adjustable sights on these fine old revolvers.