PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, fellas!

Jim
05-13-2010, 03:57 AM
The stats page on my site show that I'm getting some visits from Cast Boolits. Thanks for stopping by, fellas!

powderburnerr
05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
I enjoyed the visit.

Jim
05-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Thank you, Sir! Drop on by any ol' time.

44fanatic
05-13-2010, 09:05 PM
Jim
Thats a great post for today (13 May). On your other thread I mentioned getting a job with the local Sheriffs dept. I did not mention the kicked in the gut, deflated feeling that I had when I was not selected for a job that I had my eyes set on the month before.

RayinNH
05-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Jim, I've been visiting for the last couple of weeks too. It's a good read. I like the folksy style to your writing...Ray

JeffinNZ
05-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Hi Jim.
Nice blurb on disappointment. I am often heard telling people that they choose to react how they do.
Regarding the US. I am not so sure the US is the wealthiest nation in the world. I think if you dig deep enough you will find China owns the US these days.

wistlepig1
05-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Jim, today was my first visit and enjoyed your site.

Jeff, if you don't mind, what are the gun laws in NZ. I have a friend of many years and she is from Christchurch, NZ but has lived here for 20+ years.

Von Gruff
05-14-2010, 06:26 PM
I just had a visit as well and at the risk of being flamed for my opinion I have to take exception to your piece an why you think the rest of the world hates america.

I think the reason is contained in the writing, not necessarily in the reasons given but in the thinking of the writer. There is an arrogance in thinking that everyone else wants to be like, or have what you have in the US and the inability to comprehend any other way of thinking. There is a perception that many americans think the US to be a centre of the world and that is not apreciated nor is the way some talk down to or disparage others. This is a generilisation and certainly dosent apply to all but the perception is there.

Von Gruff.

OldBob
05-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Well now, that was just good reading ! I'd like to sit on the porch and swap lie....'er stories with you for an hour or two :drinks:

Jim
05-15-2010, 05:44 AM
Well, Mr. Bob, you just bring yourself right on down to S/W Virginia and we'll see about that!

captain-03
05-15-2010, 09:52 AM
I, too, enjoyed the visit!! Will be back again!!

dale2242
05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Interesting read. Keep up the good work....dale

Hardcast416taylor
05-17-2010, 11:22 AM
JeffinNZ. Yes the current regime of political idiots..I mean of office politicos are spending us into the poor farm. It just surprises me that literally every nation in the world has their hand out for aid from this poor nation.Robert

excavman
05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I just visited your site and read "Mountain Folks Are Friendly" and enjoyed it. It is sad that so few people have or ever will enjoy the way of life we rural folks take for granted. Around here if people don't wave when they meet they get called 'stuck up', a simple wave of acknowledgement comes as readily as a warm smile. I have always lived where the population is lower than the elevation. I worked in a big city for a month one time, saw a person smile once though it must have been by accident, a 'wave' probably would have gotten the person arrested.

It sure is nice to walk out in the back yard and shoot off fifty rounds any time I feel like it, day or night. There are only 16,000 people in our whole county, one stop light, too.

Larry

Jim
05-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Larry,
Thanks for dropping by! Glad you enjoyed the article and thanks for the "thumb's up". If you like the small town, USA life style, do a search on Floyd, Va. That's where we call home.

Harter66
05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Excaveman ,
I'm in a county about the size of maryland with less than 5000 people. The country life is the only way.

pmeisel
05-17-2010, 09:15 PM
I have enjoyed quite a few of your posts. The two best were about Irv's mom shooting the deer, and your friend on the fishing boat nearly burying himself in the mud. Brought back memories. Thanks.

Jim
05-18-2010, 03:33 AM
Thanks, Paul! I'm glad you enjoyed the stories.