PDA

View Full Version : WWs

EMC45
05-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Just came back from the tire shop were my wife's van is getting oil changed and tires rotated. I of course asked what they did with their old WWs and was told they clean them off and re-use them (which I thought was illegal) so I said thanks and went outside to swap out a car seat for my son and look down and there are WWs all over the ground up against the curb in the gravel. I walked away with a nice fat handful! :p

EMC45
05-11-2010, 07:39 AM
Update........I went to my old place of WW scrounging and told one of the techs that the manager said I could have a limited number of WWs. He was kinda stand offish and re-iterated the contract they had with the battery co. A mechanic came in and asked if I was here for WWs and I said yes. He said He had a bucket and come get 'em. He even carried them to the truck for me. He said he had 2 over flowing buckets last week and he got tired of tripping over them so he dumped them in the scrap hopper and the metal guy came and got them. I told him to save them all and I will get them from him!

tech413
05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Sweet deal!! I just picked up 5 buckets, but I have to pay for mine :(.

fredj338
05-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Update........I went to my old place of WW scrounging and told one of the techs that the manager said I could have a limited number of WWs. He was kinda stand offish and re-iterated the contract they had with the battery co. A mechanic came in and asked if I was here for WWs and I said yes. He said He had a bucket and come get 'em. He even carried them to the truck for me. He said he had 2 over flowing buckets last week and he got tired of tripping over them so he dumped them in the scrap hopper and the metal guy came and got them. I told him to save them all and I will get them from him!
Keep that connection going. Maybe offer to bring the mechanic a sizer of his fav beer. WW out here are getting tougher & tougher to come by.

BSkerj
05-11-2010, 04:46 PM
I have two large shops I stop in every week and get on average 7 gals worth of wheel weights per week. I think the managers were getting skeptical about my using them for bullets. I took some pictures of my ingots and the 2- 55gal drums full of WW's in my barn and now they know that I am not reselling them. There are alot more steel in them now than there were last year but I will keep grabbing them up.

EMC45
05-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Keep that connection going. Maybe offer to bring the mechanic a sizer of his fav beer. WW out here are getting tougher & tougher to come by.

I have been buying them sackfuls of cheeseburgers for the past few years. I will continue in doing so. I have netted right about 18 5gal. buckets worth of WWs from this shop. That is what I have on hand on the ground, not what has been cast/shot/traded/gave away...