PDA

View Full Version : Wow, has it really been this long?

armoredman
05-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I realized I was out of boolits and bullets, and said my self, "Self, it's time to get that pot going!"
OK, but I then realized it had been over a year,:!:, since I had cast a boolit!:holysheep

OK, fired it up, found all my gear, including the new mould I hadn't used yet for 7.62x39mm, the Lee CTL 312-160-2R, and my old favorite, the Lee TL356-124-2R for my 9mm loads.

OK, inactivity shows, didn't let the mould get hot enough, had wrinkled first pours, but then quickly got back in the swing of things. Didn't have a whole lot of time, and I still don't have a bench. This means sitting indian style on the garage floor, fan blowing over my shoulder to ventilate out the open door, and after about 60-70 pours, my back and legs let me know they don't appreciate it. Take a break, switch moulds, walk feeling back into the right leg...did you know you can lose so much feeling in one leg you have to hold on to the car to stand up? Hmm.:-P
So, compared to a lot of great casters here, pretty small bacth, 105 9mm, and 35 of the other, not counting the ones I tossed back into the melt, but it was nice to get started again.

Now I just have to remember what's next...lube...size, and gas checks go on at this point for the rifle ones, right? Then the LLA...

Bkid
05-08-2010, 01:17 PM
You seriously need a table or something. I bet you are sore after a casting session sitting indian style. Good know you do not forget how after so long. LOL.

armoredman
05-08-2010, 02:35 PM
You know it, taking a looong hot shower to soothe aching back. I need a bench...

Freightman
05-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Would have to have a crain to pick me up, and a unfolder to get me on my feet.

WHITETAIL
05-09-2010, 08:41 AM
With out a doubt get a bench!:veryconfu