PDA

View Full Version : 200 lbs of WW for free!

Eagles6
05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Sorry, just had to say it.
A semi-old fart with a broken back and in need of a new hip struggling to get away before anyone knew what was up.
Nothing out of line, just a good find.
Spent the rest of the day smelting and casting.

randyrat
05-07-2010, 07:24 AM
That actually sounds like the beginning of a good story,tell us the whole story.

Eagles6
05-07-2010, 01:12 PM
I go to a local tire shop for my tires and inspections, in there about once a year for the last 20 years.
I had asked about WW before but the owner said that they were already spoken for but stop in from time to time and check.
I called the other day and he said stop by and I could have "a little bit".
I stopped in and went back to the garage with the manager who told the tire guys "Give him some broken WW".
Well that "little bit" turned out to be a 5 gal. bucket and a 10 gal. bucket mostly full.
Dumped them in the trunk, gave the buckets back and made tracks with my new found booty.
Got home, fired up the Lyman Mag 20 and went to work dropped a couple hundred 124 gr Lee TL TC in .356. They are actually coming in at at 125 gr. which is fine and are nice and hard. Only a couple zinc WW so far.

mtgrs737
05-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Good for you! I think that persistance is the key to lead scrougeing.

badgeredd
05-07-2010, 01:34 PM
FREE is good!!! For that matter, it seems that even finding scrap ww is good.

I stopped by my local shop to check on his stash and came away with about 175#. We have a standing agreement and his employees love to see me cause one might say I finance their summer and winter company parties. Now there are a couple shooters there that have asked for some cast boolits if I can make them for 'em. Nice thing is although I "buy" the scrap the manager always gives me a bit of a break on the price plus often he just gives them to me because I don't charge the guys for a reasonable number of cast boolits on occasion. Today he basically gave me half of the WWs. A few home-made cookies or a cake or pie (bless my wife's heart) and an occasional 6 pack has gone a long way toward a friendly relationship with the guys and the manager. Treat them right and usually one will be repaid in spades. :bigsmyl2:

Edd