PDA

View Full Version : Got my new mold from midway?

hithard
05-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Got my new mold from Midway 452-185 swc, to bad it was just new to me. I got sent a very used mold, heck the address of the guy that returned it was still on the box!

Midway service center say's, I have 60 day's to return it if I'm not happy, how nice of them.

Blammer
05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
I'd call them and tell them exactly what you have, I bet they send a call ticket for it, so you don't have to pay.

docone31
05-05-2010, 10:14 PM
I would try it first.
I have had that happen. I needed the castings, so I fired up the mold. They just plain dropped out, where my molds needed a smack, or push. I looked at the mold, and it was dull looking. It had been soaked.
I took a cranky mold, and soaked it in mineral spirits for a couple of days. They dropped out of that mold. I am guessing the cutting oil gets into the mold. Lots of aluminum shavings, and a dull mold.
Try it. Then either send it back, or use it.
You never know.
Midway was real fast on exchanging a mold for me.

05-05-2010, 10:42 PM
hithard,
Give them a call, explain the circumstance and request reimbursement for your postage cost. They did right by me, when I had to return a defective mould.

hithard
05-05-2010, 10:51 PM
No call ticket, my problem to pay and ship. As far as the mold goes it has been altered, seems the previous owner didn't care for having a beveled base.

Mk42gunner
05-05-2010, 11:19 PM
I would call, and keep calling, going up the chain until I was happy. You obviously did not order a modified returned mold.

If you paid with a credit card, you can dispute the payment. I haven't done that yet, but I haven't been sent defective products either. You are not (I hope) Midways return dept.

Robert

Bkid
05-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Go to a supervisor or head manager. I had the same thing happen. The head guy took care of it right away. I had a new mold at the door in 2 days. They will take care of the shipping also. Why do they send out used molds. I got another mold that was the same way,I had to sand it and deburr it. I polished it and it is my best mold. Go figure.

EMC45
05-06-2010, 06:42 AM
I called Midway and told them I was not happy with a cleaning rod I got from them. It was a Tipton, their house brand. Not only did they let me keep the cleaning rod (which I don't use) they credited my debit card for a full refund.

khamill2000
05-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Midway has one of the best return policies in the business

qajaq59
05-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I would definitely want to speak to a supervisor about them sending me a used mold. That's a little over the top!

Avit187
05-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Midway is one of the best places to deal with a screw up, at least has been for me.

They once sent me some lead slugs and some .270 sierra Game kings...when the package arrived the box of game kings had opened during transit and some had made their way out of the outer box..in all i maybe had lost 10 bullets out of the hundred. I called and they sent me out the entire order, even the slugs that were fine, all free of charge and they told me to keep what i had. I was like a 50 dollar order they just gave me, no questions.

Keep calling until you get the person who will fix your problem.