PDA

View Full Version : Johnsons Paste Wax

wistlepig1
05-05-2010, 05:29 PM
There has been some talk about JPW not being made anymore. I called then today and just asked the question" are you discontuneing making JPW". The guy on the other end said "NO". Where did you here that? I said it was a rumor I had heard, he said "no we are not and have no plans to". Believe him or not, but that's from the horses month. FYI

jimmeyjack
05-05-2010, 07:02 PM
They must wonder what is going on at JW.
If you search you will find your the 4th person in the last 30 days to call and inquire.:lol:

Gee_Wizz01
05-05-2010, 09:17 PM
This rumor was making the rounds on the woodworking sites about a year ago. Furniture makers like JPW also. The grocery stores seemed to have quit carrying JPW, but Lowes always has a shelf full. When I was a kid we used it on our hardwood floors, it was my job to wax the floors on the last Saturday of every month. I think the problem might be that there are few hardwood floors these days and the grocery stores don't see the demand for JPW. Also most people seem to polish their furniture with spray on wax. Just my $.02 worth.

G

cheese1566
05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Found this link on the SCJohnson website. They will mail order it to you and do 5% discounts on case quantities.

http://www.scjbrands.com/mailorder/

"Having trouble locating a favorite SC Johnson product? Our Mail Order service carries a variety of items that may be hard to find and we'll ship them to any address in the United States. We even have a couple favorites that are no longer available in stores!

Below you will find a sample of what we carry. For these items or other products you're looking for, call 800-848-2588 to check product availability and pricing or place an order. Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6 pm CT."

wistlepig1
05-05-2010, 10:19 PM
I got a can from Home Depot yesterday and I think I paid 5.95. FYI

zuke
05-06-2010, 10:26 AM
I've looked everywhere around here and most have never heard of it.
Home Depot, Wally World,Zeller's,Rona,Home Hardware.
Near as I can tell it's not available here in Canada.
Could it have something to do with Hazmat shipping?

wiljen
05-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I've looked everywhere around here and most have never heard of it.
Home Depot, Wally World,Zeller's,Rona,Home Hardware.
Near as I can tell it's not available here in Canada.
Could it have something to do with Hazmat shipping?

It is flammable and contains mineral spirits so it might be a hazmat issue.

GLL
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Check and see if they carry MinWax products ! It may be they are only stocking one brand of paste wax.

Jerry

zuke
05-06-2010, 11:13 AM
I bought a can on Ebay and have a friend that sent me a can so I'm good for now.
Just wanted to get in on the fun of making my own lube and it's worked out just fine for me!:smile:

Hardcast416taylor
05-06-2010, 11:43 AM
As a kid growing up on the farm and belonging to the 4-H club, JPW was a part of making woodcrafts projects and using it around the farmhouse on furniture.Robert