PDA

View Full Version : stillwell custom dies

canuck4570
07-25-2006, 10:15 AM
any one of you know the web adress of stillwell custom seizing dies for the rcbs lube seizer or lyman..... thank you....

scrapcan
07-25-2006, 05:45 PM
I pulled this from the CBA website, I tried the link but it appears to mis-direct

Stillwell Tool & Die
Specializing in the precision manufacture of bullet sizing dies for Star Manufacturing, Lyman and RCBS
10937 Kingsbury Road
Kingsbury, Texas USA 78638
Telephone: 830-639-4752
http://www.sizingdie.com

Finn45
07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't say forget all those custom dodats and contact member Buckshot here at Castboolits. I just hint you that way.

versifier
07-25-2006, 09:31 PM
I am in full agreement. :-D Buckshot will do a better job with a faster turnaround. The quality of the sizer he made for me last winter is exceptional. It puts anything I've seen available comercially to shame. I only dream about making things as well. I'd also rather keep my business in the family whenever possible. :drinks:

keeper89
07-26-2006, 03:59 AM
Tally up another vote for Buckshot. Top notch all the way.......:Fire:

9.3X62AL
07-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Another vote for Buckshot here--even if he regularly whups me at the Burrito Shoot. I've seen Stilwell's die work and Buckshot's......both are good, but Buckshot's is better.

Buckshot has had a bit of machine downtime lately, FWIW.

canuck4570
07-27-2006, 07:18 PM
thank you for info will do

Buckshot
07-28-2006, 03:58 AM
.............My lathe is ah .............. in maintainence right now :-(. That means some large pieces are off it and are in a few smaller pieces. I hope to have it back together this weekend. I'm on vacation and if Donna will leave me alone for a day I might get it put back together!

...............Buckshot

omgb
07-28-2006, 04:59 AM
FWIW, the Stillwell site is up and running again. Also, if I had a choice, I'd have Rick to the work. The stuff he has done for me has been absolutely first rate.

HickoryCreek
07-28-2006, 04:51 PM
wow I didn't know my stillwell dies sucked so bad:mrgreen:

MGySgt
07-28-2006, 07:23 PM
I for one don't know if Stillwell dies suck so bad - But Buckshot is right here and very responsive to his customers.

Also Stillwell only does 'Standard' hole spaceing -

Buckshot on the other had did some custom hole spacing for me (sent him the bullets).

First rate work, better then the Lyman dies I have for my RCBS and 2 Lyman lubersizers.

When we do Custome moulds - sometimes the holes in the standard dies don't line up good and I have not had any luck in plugging the top holes. Maybe I use too much pressure? [smilie=1:

Drew

If I have to wait for Buckshot to get his equipment back up and running I would wait!

StarMetal
07-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Buckshot was Navy dude. He'd be perfect if he didn't grow up a Ford man. [smilie=1::drinks: Us Navy guys are responsive and dedicated.[smilie=w:

Joe

Buckshot
07-29-2006, 01:52 AM
Buckshot was Navy dude. He'd be perfect if he didn't grow up a Ford man. [smilie=1::drinks: Us Navy guys are responsive and dedicated.[smilie=w:

Joe

.................Some of us Navy guys are still "At Sea" :-). Donna uses that on me now on occasion. Once I told her that sound she heard was the elevator hitting the bottom of the shaft, and she asked what I ment. I said I was "Still at sea", so then I had to explain THAT! She's a smart gal, but sometimes I wonder.

..............Buckshot

keeper89
07-29-2006, 07:38 AM
Hey Rick, that's their main job in life--to keep us wondering!:-D

StarMetal
07-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Buckshot,

Just like when my wife says "How about vacuuming the house". I say "Sweepers, sweepers, man your brooms, give the house a clean sweep down fore and aft, sweeping all passage ways and ladders, and emptying all trash recepticles on the pier...Sweepers". :drinks:

Joe