PDA

View Full Version : Old man is tired!

Freightman
05-03-2010, 06:04 PM
My son is moving and went over yesterday and picked up his range scrap from a indoor range that allows only cast to be shot. He had three partial 30 gal trash cans and we got them loaded and I took them to the house. Combined them and got one full 30gal trash can full (he needed the other two to pack). Do not know what it weighed but 1/3 took three strong people to load it.
Then as they worked my wife , Granddaughter, and I loaded all the packed boxes from their house in a U-Haul truck. I used to load trucks for a living, but didn't know how much muscle I have lost in 17 years, I am too OLD for this.
By the way I am to keep the lead, and he is going to take a five gal bucket of clean lead scrap for it, hasn't got a place to store the 30gal. yet. I am going to have to get busy as I have way over 2000# of RS to smelt.

218bee
05-04-2010, 09:18 AM
sounds like the work is just starting.....but I love turning scrap into useful items such as boolits

Cactus Farmer
05-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Hey Frank,
Get some butane and I'll be up to help you smelt the treasure. I'll expect 1/2 for my share of the work though!:kidding:
Do it a little at a time so you don't hurt yourself. The children need you there every day for their safety.

Freightman
05-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I will give you a big bucket full for nothing if you come to see me and we can go get a Sonic Burger.

Cactus Farmer
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Frank, Next wekend off,OK? I'm on a well now,might be thru Fri. If not two weekend away.......

Freightman
05-04-2010, 05:43 PM
let me know as that is the weekend I have to go to BurkBurnett to my youngest grandsons graduation. Sorry!