PDA

View Full Version : Local lead

JDFuchs
05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Fort Collins CO

Went driving around for a few hours today looking for lead. Came home empty handed. All the big stores have exclusive contracts. All the small stores reuse their WW's. I did find two stores that would gladley sell them to me, when they have some. I also stoped at the local scrap center and fortunitley they will gladley sell me all the lead they have, at $0.75 a pound. I was there two weeks ago and they only had pipeing and roof lead, today they had a big pile of WW's So I think they did there rounds at the local stores that just empted out.

The cheepest place ive found for lead this year is the one indoor range in town. thell sell to casters at the same rate as the scrap man will give them. $0.40 a pound. So when my stocks do get low I know I can always get more around hear, just not for anything near free.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

sheepdog
05-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Thats what you get for living in Hippieville, CO. :p

Seriously just walk into the bay with a small bucket (maybe a 2 gallon), even at a chain and quickly ask a worker if its ok. Try to not let the office notice you. Don't ask a manager, just get permission, dump, and scoot. Usually this works even with the big chains like Discount Tire and Walmart.

I've only paid for one bucket of WW at $25 and even now I regret it. Get it now while its free and legal.