PDA

View Full Version : Off Hand Rifle Match

David R
07-24-2006, 10:47 PM
2 divisions.

Scope and No glass sight

100 yards, 10 shot group.

Cast only, any caliber, any rifle. OFF HAND.

Group size wins, ties by closest to the bull.

PM for adress.

I'll post results when I have a bunch of targets.

David

Buckshot
07-30-2006, 03:02 AM
...............David R, any takers? If not, how about making it 5 at 50 and 5 at 100. Any cast rifle caliber.

Three divisions only, all shot offhand for group:

1) Iron sights, issue
2) Iron sights, aftermarket
3) Scope

David R
08-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Buckshot,

I think I have to change the rules. 71 views, no takers. Must be a bunch of sissies. Lets Try 50 yards off hand and see what happens.

If I get enough targets, I will split them into groups.

:) David :)

Johnw...ski
07-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Doesn't anyone shoot anymore?

I put together a Schutzen Match at my club in R.I. last Saturday, it was 20 shots in 15 min. offhand at 200 yards with any rifle and any sights. $10 to enter and the winner of each line split the entry fee with the club. It wasn't a great success but did better than the 200 yard military matches we have been hosting.

Oh, and did I mention I took the money on one of the lines with my cast boolits against all of those "J" bullets.

John

Buckshot,

I think I have to change the rules. 71 views, no takers. Must be a bunch of sissies. Lets Try 50 yards off hand and see what happens.

If I get enough targets, I will split them into groups.

:) David :)

imashooter2
07-23-2008, 11:42 AM
We had a few postal matches that got some participation, but it was always the same group of guys and it sort of died off...

NVcurmudgeon
07-23-2008, 12:30 PM
I'm in, just let me know the final rules. That makes at least three of us.

Bullshop
07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
I might could find time to play. I would like to win another postal match with my 38/55 roller. Of course that would mean the rest of you wouldnt have much of a chance of winning. Well that is unless I sneezed or got a bird bomb in my eye or something that would slightly eliminate my trememdous advantage in boolit quality, ammo quality, shooting ability, and just general handsome appearance on the shooting line.
So with that in mind if the rest of you gents can be satisfied with no better chance than second best lets give it a go. Even though I will win the top slot it will still hold some interest for me in that it will be interesting to see by what margin I leave everyone in the dust. Any praise to my extreme ability is welcome.
Blessings to all!
BIC/BS

danski26
07-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't mind shooting it but i don't cast for any of my rifles right now. :-(

waksupi
07-23-2008, 08:26 PM
I'll play, but this will mean ruining another truck tarp, to catch all my boolits!

Kraschenbirn
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Guess I'm in. What target will we be using? (I like the SR-1 for irons @ 100)

Bill

garandsrus
07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
I'll play... When do the targets need to be in by? What are the final rules?

John

Moose
07-25-2008, 01:25 PM
You bet! I'd like to try it. Just developed a load called the Argentinian Clanger, designed for our 1000-inch pig and chicken set-up. That Modelo 91 barrel gets me at least 6 inches closer then the rest of you guys.. Oh, obviously we are back 'on line'. Got a new computer.. So let us know the rules and dates. Thnx, moose

Timbo
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I'd like to try and can probably drag another friend in. I've got a Danish Roller I've been using in CMP matches (yeah, rapid fire gets interesting..).

Let me know the details when ya gots 'em!

Timbo