PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Customer service

RKJ
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I just got a Lyman 4500 and if y'all have seen any of my posts you'll know I had some difficulty's with it, plus the fact I'm a lunkhead doesn't help me either. I've had it apart 3 times already because of me being a ignoramus (and not reading the directions) :) anyway I took it apart Saturday to boil the black Ideal lube out of it. That worked like a charm it cleaned it up real nice, afterward I'm putting it back together and can't find the bullet push rod. I looked for 2 days and still haven't found it, I have no idea what I did with it. I just got off the phone with a very nice young lady that understood how some of us men are (obviously she is a wife) and she is sending one out to me at no charge. I said I lost it, and had every intention of paying for it as obviously it was my fault, but because it is a newer unit the part was free. I know some of you have had problems with their CS but I'm very pleased, not just because I got the part free but she was also very pleasant to speak with and I like their products. I also got a 44 mold 429421 at the same time from Midway and after using it I find it works great. It drops .429 and the bullets with WW are hitting right at 245 grains. I couldn't be happier with it, and intend to purchase a couple of more (9mm and .45) I hope I don't sound as if I'm crowing but I thought Lyman deserved a big Thank You from me.

05-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I've posted of my satisfaction with their service, too.

Gee_Wizz01
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I have also had great service from Lyman in the past. I haven't dealt with them in 5 or 6 years, but the service was always top notch. I lost the top bushing for my old 450 and I needed new O-rings for the piston and they sent me a new bushing and a new piston free of charge. Several years before that I, had a 356402 Mold that was dropping boolits at .364 and they sent me a new one with a note that they had tested the new mold and it dropped at .357. They also sent me a refund for the postage on the old mold. The new mold really did drop boolits at .357. I certainly can't complain about the service, and I hope they can keep it up.

G

Dframe
05-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I've had outstanding service from Lyman over the years. Most recently, a very nice lady was able to find a long discontinued top punch for me from NOS. Price was reasonable and service was fast and courteous.

geargnasher
05-04-2010, 12:12 AM
My problem with Lyman isn't their customer service, it's that my boolits are dropping undersized in five moulds purchased within the last year.

Gear

Bradley
05-10-2010, 11:09 PM
I think that Lyman does an excellent job.