PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke???

threett1
07-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Thought I would put this in the humor section. Didn't recognize the handle but some guy paid 170.50 for an old Ideal 457125 on Ebay today. Tell me this is a rare collector mold.[smilie=1:

Frank46
07-25-2006, 03:27 AM
Well unless he or she was a collector I'd hazard a strong guess they got caught up in a frenzied bidding war. Obviously they wanted it pretty bad to pay that much for one mold. With that amount of money one could almost outfit himself with a almost complete outfit to cast boolits. Frank

Finn45
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Probably this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260009886124

Must remember that we are casters mostly, not collectors and for some collector this could be superior set including original (maybe even just for this mold, not just original Lyman's) handles and original Ideal box. At worst it could be that two or few similarly minded collectors are bidding for the same item. Maybe with helper too, who knows. Just few weeks ago I paid $9.99 (+ shipping) for the similar mold, no handles, no box, it was a bit abused, but not much used; after minor work it's casting better than any of my other molds. I will do report if time allows.

trooperdan
07-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Finn45, I need to find moulds where you do; $10 plus shipping is quite a bargain! Congratulations!

Finn45
07-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks, but believe it or not, it was from Ebay; mold was described correctly, but picture was from a round ball mold that seller was selling at the same time. $9.99 and seller even refunded extra bucks charged for shipping... After casting with that mold I can easily say it's my best buy so far...