PDA

View Full Version : Super Blackhawk question

NSP64
05-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Will a Rear sight off of a Blackhawk fit a Super Blackhawk?

S.R.Custom
05-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Will a Rear sight off of a Blackhawk fit a Super Blackhawk?

Depends on what you mean by "fit." Physically, yes, the sight bodies are identical. But depending upon the barrel lengths of the two guns in question, the sight blade heights may be different.)

Lloyd Smale
05-02-2010, 09:28 PM
thats a new one on me. I dont doubt you but i thought they varied the height of the front blade not the rear.
Depends on what you mean by "fit." Physically, yes, the sight bodies are identical. But depending upon the barrel lengths of the two guns in question, the sight blade heights may be different.)

beagle
05-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm with Lloyd. I think the fronts are varied and all the rear leaves are the same. Now, S & W made different heigth rear blades but I beleive the Rugers are all alike. I usually keep a couple as occasionally I have one to pop out./beagle

S.R.Custom
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Actually, the exceptions are the 10.5" bull barrel Super Blackhawks and 10.5" Blackhawk Maximums. (Different part number.) I'm guessing that the rear sight blade on those are taller, owing to the fact that the bull barrel profile puts the front sight higher in the air.

NSP64
05-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Contacted the person selling it and they said it was from a Super Blackhawk. The posting said Blackhawk. Anyway It is for a friend that bought a 7.5" with a scope mount and wants a rear sight to switch back and forth. Thanks all.