PDA

View Full Version : Lee Auto Disk (read Operator) Problem.

Four Fingers of Death
05-02-2010, 07:13 PM
I am going away shortly on a road trip through three states with two one day cowboy shoots and a three day shoot and I figured out that I willl need 420 rounds of 44/40 so I am in the process of loading 500 odd.

I was having all sorts of problems getting a decent flare on the cases and finally thought that the 429 boolits that I was using ( iran out of 427s and it occured to me that both bores were 429, whyyyyyyyyyyy was i using 427s in the first place?? especially when I have squillions of 429s in stock).

I removed the 44/40 powder through die so that I could fit the 44Mag one. As I removed the die i saw two O rings on the threads, D'Oh!!!! Don't you just hate that? I replaced the die (minus the errant O Ring) and it all worked fine.

Just take your eye off the ball for a second, whammo!

GP100man
05-02-2010, 07:30 PM
FFoD

I put the riser on mine & the oring stuck , well I figured it out when I was gonna take the riser & sling it in the woods!!!!

Got it figgered out & all is as it pose tobe!!

Four Fingers of Death
05-02-2010, 08:49 PM
I have ordered a few risers because I am sick of having to remove a die either side to change things. I am using a few older auto disks with the big spring on the side I have a lot of new types with out the spring and they need a chain or spring to return them to battery so to speak. I haven't figured out a way of doing this with the big Classic Turret Press as the turret rotates and not the ram.