PDA

View Full Version : What do I have?

Lead melter
05-02-2010, 04:05 PM
I picked up a Spanish Mauser rifle with 'FABRICA DE ARMAS 1932' and a crest of a crown on the forward ring. It is 7mm Mauser, but I have no idea of the model. Can you help?

NickSS
05-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Most of the Spanish mausers were on the 93 Mauser action the year would probably be a short rifle model. Without pictures and other details that is about as far as I can go.

Multigunner
05-03-2010, 12:28 AM
I picked up a Spanish Mauser rifle with 'FABRICA DE ARMAS 1932' and a crest of a crown on the forward ring. It is 7mm Mauser, but I have no idea of the model. Can you help?

Sounds like the crest used from 1896 onwards when they began manufacture at Oviedo arsenal. So I guess its Spanish manufacture rather than an import.

MtGun44
05-03-2010, 12:58 AM
Should be more markings, maybe under the wood. Proof marks will show which country
it was proofed it, likely where it was built.

Likely the guys are right and it is a Spanish built Mauser. Not bad rifles, but seemed to be
softer steel than the German or Swedish manufactured Mausers, plus seems like they didn't
get surplused out until they were VERY well worn. I have yet to see one better than about
NRA Good or NRA Fair.