PDA

View Full Version : july 10

wiersy111
05-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Are there any matches shoots, gatherings, rodeo's etc from 16-25 July in the Western Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, or Northern Colorado? I will be headed that way on vacation with my family plus my Mother in law and nephew from Germany. My nephew is big into horses, rodeo's and the old west. :Fire:

ammohead
05-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Don't know myself but though I would give this a bump. There has to be something. Keep bumping someone will chime in.

ammohead

waksupi
05-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Too bad you weren't going to be in Montana the end of June. The Augusta rodeo is one of the most enjoyable I have ever been to.

Dean D.
05-02-2010, 04:59 PM
Check out this page: http://www.prorodeo.com/ and look at the schedule section. I am sure you can find something in the general area you described during that time. I do know a lot of the really big rodeo's happen during the 4th of July weekend. :redneck:

waksupi
05-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Check the AAA website. They have listings of events in various states.

wiersy111
05-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks! I will check them but I am also looking for some of the smaller less tourist attractions to. Anytime I can haul guns across the country for some good old fasion shooting is a plus.

Matt_G
05-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Cheyenne Frontier Days is right in the middle of the time frame you asked about.
It runs from July 20th to Aug. 1st.
As far as rodeo's go, it's the "granddaddy of 'em all".
http://www.cfdrodeo.com/schedule.aspx

MT Gianni
05-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Our town has held a Ranchers Roundup for the last 10 years. local ranchers get together and rope, ride, milk range cows and have hide races. Sadly it has gone to a NRA rodeo this year without too much ado as the town council thinks it will draw more faces from outside.
Whitehall Frontier days, Whitehall MT should be the 3rd week of July. My life gets crazy in the summers but would be glad to spend a morning at the range with you.

wiersy111
05-03-2010, 12:32 AM
This is looking like it could be a great vacation.

jackley
05-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Wiersy

Every Wed and Thursday there's a cowgirl rodeo in either Buffalo or Sheridan. But you picked the right dates The Wyo Rodeo is in Sheridan that week. Its a Prca rodeo with the Indian relay races. Now if you want to see something get western those races are it. For a full schedule look up WYO Rodeo .com A Very good rodeo and not a bad seat in the place. You could look up Little Big Horn reenactment and find those dates and The crow fair I don't know the dates but both are interesting. And every town out here has a museum.

Jerry

Jerry

wild thing
05-07-2010, 09:02 AM
When I lived in Colorado you could take a ride on any weekend and go to any small town in a three or fur state area and find some sort of rodeo. Every local school had their own rodeo and dance. Just drive around and have a good time wildthing