PDA

View Full Version : First Batch of "Speed Green"

wistlepig1
05-01-2010, 07:16 PM
My first Batch of homemade "speed Green" and the mold I made to pour them. I used BullShops recipe with the option of LLOX and RandyRats bees Wax. I would estamate that the cost for materials at $1.00- a tube for the 12 tubes made.
The 12 tubes of SG should last me a week or two.:bigsmyl2:[smilie=w:

No_1
05-01-2010, 07:40 PM
That is a nice looking set up. Please give details for so the rest of us can give it a try.

Robert

wistlepig1
05-01-2010, 11:07 PM
No 1, Here you go!
First thing is I admit that I stole most of these ideas from others on this site but here is what I did in making my hollow lube mold.

1. I cut a 12” long piece of 2 by 4, then planed the 2 x 4” flat on both sides.
2. I then drilled 3 evenly spaced 1 3/8” holes approx. ½” deep and drilled a 5/16” hole in the center of the 1 3/8” hole.
3. Then I had in my stuff some 1” I.D. Aluminum tubing that I cut to 4 ¾” length and squared up both end of the tubing.
4. I cut 3, 5/16” dowels 6” long and lightly tapered one end of each dowel with a pencil sharpener.
5. I picked up 6 fender washers at Home Depot that had a 1” O,D. and drilled them out the center to 5/16”.
6. I mixed up BullShop’s “Speed Green” and add Lee’s Alox as Bull suggested to make the dowels removal easier.
7. How let’s put this all together and make some hollow lube.
8. Put 1 fender washer in the bottom of each of 1 3/8” holes, then put the tapered end of the dowels in the center of the 1 3/8” holes and lightly tap in place with a hammer.
9. I had o-rings that would slide over the outside of the Aluminum tubes. Now I put 2 o-rings on each tube and pressed each tube in place, I used a screwdriver to seat the o-rings in the space between the tubing and the side of the 1 3/8”. This makes a seal so that the hot lube stays in the mold and not in your shoes.:)
10. Pour hot lube into tubes, when mold is almost full, stop and place another fender washer on top of lube, this centers what will be our ”Hollow” in our hollow lube.
11. After cooling, about 10 min.’s in the freezer, pull the tubs out of the wood base. Now with a pair of pliers slowly rotate the dowel to loosen it from the lube, leave loosened dowel in lube, use a ¾” piece of PVC to push dowel, lube and washers from tubing. Wrap your new and improved lube in wax paper. Repeat
Hope this helps, wistlepig1

Recluse
05-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Yep, definitely a nice-looking setup.

But what I like most is that you spilled some lube and made a bit of a mess. This means the Gods of Good were with you when you were brewing your magical concoction up, and that therefore your boolits will shoot true and without leading your barrels.

Most novices mistakenly think it's the ingredients in the lube that are all important. Don't be fooled into thinking that. Many of us know better and we know that it's often the size of the mess that determines the effectiveness of the lube.

:coffee:

wistlepig1
05-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Yep, definitely a nice-looking setup.

But what I like most is that you spilled some lube and made a bit of a mess. This means the Gods of Good were with you when you were brewing your magical concoction up, and that therefore your boolits will shoot true and without leading your barrels.

Most novices mistakenly think it's the ingredients in the lube that are all important. Don't be fooled into thinking that. Many of us know better and we know that it's often the size of the mess that determines the effectiveness of the lube.

:coffee:
Recluse,
Mess, what mess, I cleaned up before I took the picture!:kidding:
If mess is the key to a good lube then this stuff is the bomb.