PDA

View Full Version : 6.5,7mm rebore?

nekshot
05-01-2010, 09:02 AM
I finished a project 7mm(95) and found the cartridges all come out with a bulge in shoulder after firing.This I don't like. I also have a 6.5(96) and I don't have molds for it. I got to wondering has anyone ever successfully rebored these to 35 or should I simply rebarrel . I want to stream down my rifle bores to 30 and 35 so it is simply which plan I take. Rebarrel or rebore.

skeettx
05-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello
I feel that unless you wish to stay with the exact external barrel contour, it is best to rebarrel.
In the long run it also may be cheaper to rebarrel.
Mike

MtGun44
05-01-2010, 07:07 PM
There are some really talented guys out there doing reboring. I have not had it done but
have read some glowing reports from folks that have had it done.

I expect you will get some replies from them after a bit.

Multigunner
05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
I finished a project 7mm(95) and found the cartridges all come out with a bulge in shoulder after firing.This I don't like.

Would an improved chamber profile eliminate the bulge.
Perhaps setting the shank back one or more threads and cleaning up the chamber with a finishing reamer would work, and cut a new origin of rifling at the same time.
If the bore looks good as is that might produce a superior shooter, depending on whether or not this 7mm has much freebore as is.

nekshot
05-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I never thought of improved profile. I am going to get some dimensions and this might work. I don't want the performance only a safe shooter. Thanks multigunner for the idea.