PDA

View Full Version : Lee Classic Turret an Powder Dispenser

kbstenberg
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Has anyone made a connector to attach a powder dispenser to the Lee Classic Turret press? I have read the thread on the Lee Classic an didn't see anything.
I also found out that i am going to have to put new locking rings on my dies so they will fit on the Lee turrets. What are the best ones to use as replacements?
At this time i have the 6 sided rings that came with the RCBS dies.
Kevin

hiram
04-30-2010, 11:21 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=63913

DLCTEX
05-01-2010, 12:51 AM
I use the Lee auto disc powder measure and the powder through dies with the riser for pistol and small rifle loads. For large rifle I use the PPM and cycle it by hand. The PPM is very accurate with most powders. I loaded 280 Rem. tonight with 56 and 57 gr. 4831 (140 and 120 gr bullets) and every charge checked was on the money.

JDFuchs
05-01-2010, 01:08 AM
I just got my Lee turret a few weeks ago. So far im loving it. Im using a Lock-N-LoadŽ Powder Measure with an extended drop tube to get over the dies. I dont have a case activated droper yet dont know if ill get one, just when the case is up in there I cycle it by hand. The RCBS rings should fit. A few of my sets are Hornady which are to large.

dragonrider
05-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Not sure if I understand your question, but I did make an adapter to use an RCBS powder measure on a Lee powder through the expander die. See here
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0603/PaulGauthier/Powder%20measure%20adapter/

geargnasher
05-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Has anyone made a connector to attach a powder dispenser to the Lee Classic Turret press? I have read the thread on the Lee Classic an didn't see anything.
I also found out that i am going to have to put new locking rings on my dies so they will fit on the Lee turrets. What are the best ones to use as replacements?
At this time i have the 6 sided rings that came with the RCBS dies.
Kevin

I welded a 7/8"x14 tpi nut to a 3/8" pipe nipple, smoothed the inside, screwed it into a Lee powder-through-expander die, and used my RCBS powder measure for some loads.

As accurate and handy as both of Lee's Auto-disk measures are, don't bother getting an adapter, just get the auto-disk measure, a powder measure riser. and use it as Lee prescribes.

I use all sorts of dies with my Lee three and four hole turret and progressives, never had a lock ring interference issue with mine. If you do, the aluminum hex lock ring and o-rings from Lee are available from many shooter supply houses in multi-packs.

Gear

cajun shooter
05-26-2010, 06:13 PM
The Dillon die nuts are the smallest of all that are made and work great on the Lee turret. While at the Dillon site look and find the powder die that fits the 450. Buy this die and then you will find that they have an adapter that fits on the 450 powder die and is held tight with a set screw. The other end of the adapter is threaded so that any make of powder measure may be used. I have two of these set ups for my RCBS and Lyman BP measures. Very easy to mount and take off. Don't forget when you buy the nuts to buy the bag that contains the wrench that fits them.