PDA

View Full Version : I love where I work.

Rustolium
04-30-2010, 03:20 AM
I just got done making two sets of short, double sided, open ended wrenches. I made them 1 3/16, 7/16 and 3/4, 5/8. They are a set for my RCBS dies. 3/4 of my dies can use a wrench to set the lock rings and I have been lazy about going and getting my wrenches from the garage. So, I made a set on the water jet at work. Made a set for myself and my buddy here in the shop. I like this part of the site, because it gives me ideas for things to make. Thanks y'all!

Buckshot
05-01-2010, 04:08 AM
.............You can't make posts like this without pictures. Didn't anyone tell you that? :-) :bigsmyl2:

.............Buckshot

Southern Son
05-01-2010, 07:12 AM
.............You can't make posts like this without pictures. Didn't anyone tell you that? :-) :bigsmyl2:

.............Buckshot

As you can see, Buckshot is a Super Moderator, and his rules cannot be broken. Besides, you can't come on here and brag about having a job that lets you do "foreign orders" and not show us the goods. The only time I get to use tools at my job is when I have taken my own tools to work to fix something that is about to fall down, fall off, break or burn.

kywoodwrkr
05-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Diverted from my class assignments myself long enough to cut 3 450 sizer/lube wrench(same as 4500?) out last week myself.
Not correct, but next set will be closer to original.
Did mine on wire EDM. Love that machine!
Cut 3 sprue plates for a NEI mould week before using thicker material than shipped with the mold.
Cut some Dillon shellholder a couple weeks ago, just need time to finish miling them.
Running out of school this semester though.
Taking camera to school Monday for pictures.

geargnasher
05-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Ok, great! I need an identical pair of wrenches that fit Lee lock rings, the flats on the sizer die body, and the 1/2" hex jamb nut for the decapping pin, PM me for my mailing address!

Gear

Buckshot
05-03-2010, 04:24 AM
I have taken my own tools to work to fix something that is about to fall down, fall off, break or burn.

.............I've worked at a couple places with machines like those. In addition to your examples ours could have fallen over, exploded, vibrated out of the building and gone down the street, or simply ran slower and slower until all the moving parts simply mated to thier adjacent non-moving parts.

At any of the above, we'd simply all go home.

.............Buckshot

WILCO
05-03-2010, 08:36 AM
"foreign orders"

Where I come from, we call those "Government Jobs".

Rustolium
05-04-2010, 01:27 AM
Where I come from, we call those "Government Jobs".

At my Government Job, we call them training projects! I'll see about posting pictures ASAP. Right now the wrenches are rusting to a pleasing brown finish.

Southern Son
05-04-2010, 02:15 AM
.............I've worked at a couple places with machines like those. In addition to your examples ours could have fallen over, exploded, vibrated out of the building and gone down the street, or simply ran slower and slower until all the moving parts simply mated to thier adjacent non-moving parts.

At any of the above, we'd simply all go home.

.............Buckshot

I work in a office with no machines which is boring as all get out. Most of what I have to fix is filing cabinets, sheet metal shelving, etc.

I like the idea of closing up shop for a break down. Unfortuneately, I am the most likely thing in the office to have a break down!

38-55
05-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Hey Ya'll,
Once upon a time long ago.... I worked in a shop that had two shifts with an hour between shift changes... the management realized that 'home jobs' would be done regardless of how ever they threatened us lower slobvian shop rats... So they allowed us to do our ' home jobs' in the hour between shift changes... So one morning the less seen VP walks through the shop and asks the foreman what the rush job is ??? Foreman tells him it's like this every morning during 'home job ' time... Vp just walked out muttering something about 'more work in one hour than the other 16'.. BUT to his credit he continued the policy... That was a fun shop to work in except for all the crazy safety hazards....
Stay safe
Calvin
PS I still got's the silhouettes that I cut out on the burn table....

KCSO
05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
This is heartbreaking as all I got to fix this week was two broken marriages. They are no fixed up so they can't have any contact with each other till after court. Meanwhile my shop projects are still siting on the bench a Warrnant to reline and repair and a 73 Winchester to rebarrel.