PDA

View Full Version : found a Pedersoli

69daytona
04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Just checking before I buy this one, I found a new Pedersoli rolling block with shotgun style butt plate and 34" heavy full octogon barrel with tang sight for 1000.
Gun is in perfect shape, has a brass barrel band on the front, bright blue barrel chambered in 45-70, brass trigger guard and single trigger.
Anyone have an idea of the model? didnt see one stamped on it but didnt know there were that many Pedersoli models.
Its not the rolling block with the trigger guard chamber opening.

John Boy
04-29-2010, 09:37 PM
http://www.cherrys.com/ped_cart.htm
Scroll down and match the rifle up. Brass trigger guard? - have not heard or or seen

montana_charlie
04-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Anyone have an idea of the model? didnt see one stamped on it but didnt know there were that many Pedersoli models.
Do you actually see 'Pedersoli' stamped on it?

This is the Pedersoli website, and there are no rolling blocks pictured with brass hardware on them.
http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/?item=ArmiCategoriaDettaglio&CategoriaId=249&lang=en

The only one with a barrel band is not made in 45/70.

It may be this one, imported by EMF.
http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/ROLLING-BLOCK-CARBINE-128p1156.htm

The website seems to imply that all of their rolling blocks are made by Pedersoli. I would check with them on that.
If it is a Pedersoli, it could be a discontinued model...or one made specifically for EMF.
CM

NickSS
04-29-2010, 11:15 PM
The older Italian RB imported by Navy Arms had the brass hardware as did the same rifles imported by EMF and others. If I is a perdersoli it will say so on it if not it could be one made by one of the other Italian makers like Armi Sport. Either way it is an older gun and unless it has a new barrel $1000 seams a little high to me.

looseprojectile
04-29-2010, 11:42 PM
I think what you have is an iteration of an old, twenty years or more, Navy Arms import that Pedersoli made before the recent craze of BPCR guns became popular.
I have the same gun with a 30" full octagon 1&1/8" barrel in 45 70.
Mine is as new and shoots very well. I am not impressed with the barrel band or the brass trigger gard and brass carbine type buttplate but I got it cheap. Except for the hokey brass it is a really decent gun. I would value my gun at six or seven hundred plus the sights. Tang sights go for from fifty to five hundred. No I do not want to sell mine.

Life is good

69daytona
04-30-2010, 09:22 AM
It does say pedersoli on the barrel, Has the heavy 1 1/8" barrel and looks like the pic of the emf except for it having a steel butt plate.
Thanks for your help guys, I will pass on this one unless I can get it for around 600-700

Hardcast416taylor
04-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Sounds like the roller I have. I bought it as an action/barrled item only. It has the brass trigger guard as you stated. I had a AA grade walnut butt and forearm done out in Ca and had Williams gunsight do a powder coat on action and barrel. The barrel is a 32" with globe front and 1000 yd. vernier tang sight. The trigger has been worked on to a 2 3/4 to 3 lb. letoff. I really enjoy this heavy old beast.Robert

TGM
05-20-2010, 04:52 PM
I have a roller made by Pedersoli for Navy Arms that I purchased about 20 years used. It has the brass barrel band,trigger guard, and butt plate. 30 inch 1 1/8" barrel. Serial # 12XX. It is a nice shooting old rifle.

TGM