PDA

View Full Version : Eureka Mt. Shoot. Cold and Windy!

waksupi
04-25-2010, 05:04 PM
We survived another Eureka shoot. It is known for bad weather, and didn't disappoint us this year. High winds made it nearly impossible to shoot at times, plus the rain, sleet and snow were a bit distracting. Lots of camps blown down, some tents ripped in half, and a tipi cover completely destroyed.
I figured the knife and tomahawk part of the competition could do with out me, so was mired well down in the pack in the aggregate. Board member ruger1965, his wife, and I decided to go out and play with the smooth bores this morning, since it had cleared and the wind was down for the first time in several days. I do believe we had more fun doing this, than the competition.
First picture is board member ruger1965. Next are some of the Canadian shooters that were down. They didn't think much of the weather, either!
Then we have the pleasure of shooting off of the giant yellow chicken. Next are a couple of the people fighting to save their awning. Most lost the battle, as these ones did in short order.
Last night the winds calmed enough, we had some good times around the camp fires.
One good thing about going to Eureka, we always know the next shoots will be better weather!

Click on pictures for larger images.

Dean D.
04-26-2010, 03:03 AM
Brrrrrrrr! Onliest thing I hate worsen cold is wind! LOL My hats off to the Brazen Buckskinners who did attend!

Rumor has it that a Parson or Padre or Deacon type fella might be headed to Ft. Connah, mebbe we can convince him to pray for nice weather!

Thanks for sharing Ric.

Charlie, AKA The Deacon
04-26-2010, 08:23 AM
The cold I can handle but that dagone wind gets to be to much, I think it always blows up their. Still a nice weekend always a fun time thanks for sharing the pic's, we also had some fine music around the campfires that was nice.:drinks:

See you at the next shoot:p