PDA

View Full Version : Firing pin

excavman
04-25-2010, 11:37 AM
I am in the process of rebuilding a Stevens Favorite Model 1915, my wife's Grandpa used it to get a mules attention about eighty years ago. Among other problems ( broken stock, loose chamber, lousy bore, rust galore) the firing pin is broken. Does anybody have a notion of where I might find one at a reasonable price? Thanks.

Larry

calaloo
04-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Here you go.

http://www.wisnersinc.com/rifles/stevens/singleshotlever.html

excavman
04-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks Calaloo,
I'll use that for future reference. I went on MidwayUSA and looked there under gun parts and lo and behold there it was, wonders never cease.

Larry

jmsj
04-26-2010, 12:30 AM
excavman,
Have you looked over at Numrich Gun parts? About five years ago a guy brought me a Stevens model 14 1/2 to repair for him. It is very similar and less common than a Stevens Favorite. I was able to get a buttstock, forearm and firing pin from them. I think they might have changed their name but if you Google Numrich Gun Parts, I'm sure you'll see it. jmsj

MtGun44
04-26-2010, 01:29 AM
I assume you are going to put in a liner. Sounds easy in Brownell's catalog. If you do,
please report your results.

Good luck. I restocked one for a friend's boys that I "uncle" and it turned out nice. Literally
used some walnut from the woodpile. If you want to make a buttstock headless screw
for trial fitting, you'll be irritated to find that they used a totally non-std thread pitch. I
had to turn it on the lathe, what a wierd thing to do. I guess they were designed before
thread standardization.

Bill