PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Ladles & Keeping Them Clean

Themoose
04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
How do I get the accumulated oxidation off my ladles... I wire brush the outside, but have used various scraping devices such as screwdrivers or awls to try to remove as much buildup as possible from the inside... The next question is once I get them cleaned up, how can I keep them that way? Use something like mold prep or bull plate?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with me.

Kindest regards,

Themoose

mooman76
04-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Bullplate helps. I especially put some around the spout area to keep gunk from building up there.

Suo Gan
04-24-2010, 07:47 PM
I am too busy organizing my sock drawer to give any advice right now, but I will get back to you on this pressing issue after I paint the bottom of all the rocks behind my house...;)
I know, I know nobody likes a smart alec, but I am feeling ornery

Le Loup Solitaire
04-25-2010, 12:33 AM
The outsides are no prob...wire brush or steel wool. For the insides use a dremel with a small wire brush-either carbon or stainless steel will do it. For the inside of the spout a very tightly wound small piece of emery cloth or black sand paper; a couple of twists will do it. LLS

shotman
04-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Suo your right and he is a new guy
answer to question do you have a friend that has a sand blaster thats the best way. used motor oil is good. you can dip it in while your casting and let most dip off and do again when you are finished