PDA

View Full Version : Saeco sizers, top punches, and rust

cabezaverde
04-24-2010, 04:37 PM
At a show today, I purchased a bag that contains 5 Saeco sizing dies, 10 Saeco top punches, 7 C-H Swag-o-matic bullet nose punches, and 3 or 4 of the knurled rings for the Saeco dies.

The sizing dies are easy to figure out, but did they normally come with the knurled rings or is that a seperate part?

The top punches are all for Saeco with the threaded top. Some are marked with numbers that don't seem to tie to the Saeco charts for molds. Some seem to be marked with a diameter. Any thoughts on how to tie these to what bullets they are intended for? I don't believe any of these are home made.

Finally, some of the top punches have a little surface rust, making it difficult to read the markings. What is the best way to clean these up. Thanks for any help you can offer.

lurch
04-24-2010, 09:35 PM
The knurled ring is a separate part. Try calling Redding. They sent me one gratis when I bought my first one off evil bay, which of course didn't have the part with it...

For the rust, I'd first try brake fluid and a bronze/brass brush.

mikenbarb
04-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I put my top punches in a small rock tumbler for a little bit with walnut media to clean them up. Just do one at a time so it dont bugger them up by hitting another one. On the TP's, Just compare the design to boolit styles. Some might be for Lyman designs or the older Saeco's.