PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Tree Locking mould handles ...

Firebird
07-20-2006, 03:53 AM
do they fit the Lee 6-banger moulds from the group buys?
The Cabin Tree website says the mould handles fit Lyman, RCBS and Saeco, but doesn't mention the Lee moulds.

Buckshot
07-21-2006, 02:57 AM
..............The 6 cavity Lee's are the only Lee moulds with detacheable handles (not that I haven't had a couple Lee one and 2 holers detach :-)). Wish I could answer the question. Bet of you e-mailed Cabine Tree they'd let you know. Then you could tell us!

...............Buckshot

waksupi
07-21-2006, 09:02 AM
They would take some modification. It may be possible to drill a couple additional holes in the end of the handles, to reach the Lee screws. Or, redrill the mold, to fit the existing handle holes. The sprue plate handle would need modified, to clear the handles.
All in all, a do-able project, I believe.

Gussy
07-21-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes, with modification, they will work. Drill new mounting holes out near the tip. They may or may not require a small amount of filing near the pivot. Several people are using them.
Gus

Firebird
07-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the responses. I took Buckshot's advice and the reply from Cabin Tree matched Gussy's reply.

"They will if you drill another mounting screw hole near the tip. It may also require a very small amount of filing or grinding near the pivot. I know of 2 people using them and that is what they did. I do not do the modifications, but they are simple.

Jim "

Bucks Owin
07-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the responses. I took Buckshot's advice and the reply from Cabin Tree matched Gussy's reply.

"They will if you drill another mounting screw hole near the tip. It may also require a very small amount of filing or grinding near the pivot. I know of 2 people using them and that is what they did. I do not do the modifications, but they are simple.

Jim "

I've done the same thing with the single cavity Lyman handles to make them fit bigger blocks....

Where there's a will.....

Dennis :Fire:

Four Fingers of Death
07-23-2006, 08:16 PM
They make nice stuff don't they? Mick.