PDA

View Full Version : american rifleman tests new 1911/22

bobthenailer
04-22-2010, 07:38 AM
1.28 inch group average at 25 yards with 5, 5 shot groups with 3 different brands of target ammo, for a total of 15 , 5 shot groups fired from a sand bag rest, fixed iron sights and a 10 lb trigger pull . i would like to see it done !!!!!!! retail price $299.00 for the complete chiappa 1911-22 pistol made mostley of hi tech zinc

oldhickory
04-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Me thinks the frenchman's getti'n a kick-back...

MtGun44
04-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Not hard to do from a rest, just an irritation with a crummy trigger like that. BUT, very
hard from standing unsupported with a poor trigger.

Johnch
04-22-2010, 11:18 PM
The local gun shop had one a few weeks back

I was not overly inpressed

The front sight was round on top , making a good sight picture almost imposible for me
I didn't look at the directions , but the shop owner stated the directions sujested you file on the front sight to raise the POA if needed
But the front sight looked to be cast or fordged with the slide as one part
Tough to put metal back on

The trigger was horid , at least 10 lb and real rough

Maybe I was looking at a early production piece and they will get better
I sure hope so

John

jmsj
04-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Saw one yesterday in my friends gun shop. The gun wasn't much to look at. It has a trigger pull that reminds me of the trigger on a Red Ryder carbine. I didn't know if a person can do a trigger job on this pistol. But the gun seemed pretty tight. The barrel is fixed to the receiver, not like a 1911. The grip safety is deactivated. jmsj

paul s
04-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Total JUNK! A friend agains my advice bought one, jams all the time trigger is the worst, It is just plain UGLY! You can buy a used Ruger for less $$ and have real gun?

StarMetal
04-23-2010, 11:56 AM
See, made in U.S.A. always isn't better then foreign made. Before you jump me I know the company has ties with Italy, Armi to be specific, but it appears this el cheap piece of zinc junk is made in Ohio. Like I told one of the members on the forum I'd rather have a plastic or aluminum part on my firearm then zinc. For some reason I really really really hate zinc stuff.

At least the new Remington 1911 is made of steel.

Kraschenbirn
04-24-2010, 06:58 PM
Saw one at the range a couple weeks ago...definitely NOT impressed! Owner had brought three different brands of .22s - two "high speed" and one standard velocity "target" load - and couldn't get anything resembling a "group" with any of them...more like buckshot patterns. I gave him a few rounds of the Remington Thunderbolts that I shoot for plinkers in my S&W M17...same results...and function was totally unreliable with the PMC "Match" ammo I use in my High Standard bullseye gun. Trigger? Went "bang" everytime but not quite on a par with the old H&R breaktop .32 I found in a dresser drawer after my grandmother passed away...stiff and very "gritty."

In short, the example I handled wouldn't be a bargain at half the advertised price.

Bill

HeavyMetal
04-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Saw the article in Rifleman a few days ago.

First thought was I wonder how long these guys are gonna be around?

Parts are most likely made over seas and shipped here for assymbly Not really made in America but close, I guess.

That 10 pound trigger was likely specified by the company Lawyer.

It has potential I'll give it that but the real question is will management clean it up or rely on "Smoke and Mirrows" to get a sale?

Only time will tell.