PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Joey
07-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi, I have been lurking for a while and decided to join. You guys have a lot of interesting topics and knowledge.

I am a life long shooter, 10 yr. reloader, and 1 yr. bullet caster. I still have a lot to learn.

RugerFan
07-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Welcome Joey. Your in Hawaii eh. I lived in Wahiawa on Oahu from 1994 to 1997. I used to shoot on Schofield Barracks and at a public range (I forget the name) towards the southern end of the island. You do any hunting there?

Oldfeller
07-18-2006, 07:51 PM
Joey,

How are you doing? Aloha, dude. Welcome to the wonderful world of WW

(wheel weights, that is) ......

Let your ol' shooting Uncles Jumptrap, StarMetal, Scrounger, Buckieboy, Waksupi et al (deppity Al of course) show you around a bit.

This here is the Shooters.Com board, where them original cast off old retrobates first landed on this fine new board, proclaiming out truth justice and the American way on the Internet.

There is a "more normal side" to things over on the rest of the place, but since you landed here first and proclaimed yourself -- you get a traditional Shooter's welcome.

How is shooting going on the islands? What do you hunt for when you go hunting (and what the heck do you shoot it with?)

Welcome dude, wecome.

Oldfeller

PS see my big ol grin <g>, that means I'm happy !!

Buckshot
07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
.............Welcome Joey. I see Oldfeller took his medications. Either that or he was successfull in scraping all the bugs off his teeth this time, after playing motoguzzie meatball :-)

...............Buckshot

Oldfeller
07-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Yep, I scraped off my remaining grin-teeth & my glasses & my face sheild. Took all my diabetic meds and my blood pressure stuff earlier tonight too. So I am running all nominal to happy, throwing some sparks off my foot pegs going around the corners and bapping out some real pretty sounding exhaust notes, that's me when I'm off work.

Buckshot IS likely at work at this point in time, lowering his fellow miners down into the bowels of the earth on a rapid transit elevator. He lets them up occasionally too. His secondary thing is to keep an eye on how we are all misbehaving tonight, so let's make sure to keep him all occupied and happy.

Which island do you live on, Joey?

Oldfeller

StarMetal
07-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Kelly,

Some of the things I've collided with why zooming my bike down the pike along with the average bugs, were those big black and yellow bubble bees, boy those hurt. Then there was the hornet that flew down neck openning on my shirt and propelled his way down to my groin where I made an emergency pullover on a exit ramp and was beating groin area with my hand and trying to get my pants down with the other. Oh and then the time riding from Denver, Co to Tulsa, Ok and I hit a woodcock with the clutch lever (on the left side boys) and he was big enough to push it all the ways in and the bike really reved up. It splattered me with blood, guts, and feathers..real nice that was. Also there was this one inch gravel that fell out of the open gate of the a dumptrunk, even though he had dumped his load earlier. That hit me dead center in the shin. OOOOowie. Made me glad I wore a helmet with a full Lexan face shield. My best friend was riding his racing dirt bike to the woods for practice and had to ride just a little bit of dirt road through farm land to get to his wood spot. Passed this farm that had the old barking dog chase your tire thing. Well he surprised Carl one day and bounded out in front of him and Carl pulled a wheelie and went over him, BUT that gigantic knobby he runs on the back picked the dog up like a convey belt. The dog's body was like a log acroos the width of the tire and it was rotating him around with the tire until he met the rear fork, where he just started revolving like a big roller bearing, WHILE the big knobby was shaving his fur off. Carl said there as a big rooster tail of fur coming off the tire. Then to his amazement the dog folded and went through the fork. We're talking a dog about the size of a border collie. Carl said he didn't see him anymore for about 3 weeks and imagined he was dead having gone through the small opening the fork provide. Well lo and behold about a month later he saw him, bald in the middle all the ways around...and guess what? He didn't chase motorcycles anymore.

Joe

onceabull
07-18-2006, 09:38 PM
You take up a new line of work whilst I was distracted ??????????? [smilie=1: Onceabull[smilie=1:

wills
07-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Dont believe everything you read about sheep.

kodiak1
07-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Hello Joey this is a good sight with good people, topics and idea's.
Welcome from Western Canada.
Ken.

Gunload Master
07-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the site Joey! Enjoy your stay.

And yet another welcome to all new members coming to us on a daily basis!

waksupi
07-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Yep, I scraped off my remaining grin-teeth & my glasses & my face sheild. Took all my diabetic meds and my blood pressure stuff earlier tonight too. So I am running all nominal to happy, throwing some sparks off my foot pegs going around the corners and bapping out some real pretty sounding exhaust notes, that's me when I'm off work.

Buckshot IS likely at work at this point in time, lowering his fellow miners down into the bowels of the earth on a rapid transit elevator. He lets them up occasionally too. His secondary thing is to keep an eye on how we are all misbehaving tonight, so let's make sure to keep him all occupied and happy.

Which island do you live on, Joey?

Oldfeller

Welcome aboard.

Buckshot, I beg to disagree. Oldfeller is definitely off his medications. He has you letting miners up and down a shaft in Nevada. Which would put BruceB, dispatching trucks to unknown destinations, from an unknown point in darkest Californistan. Both would most likely prove disasterous. Also very hard to explain to the respective wives, when you went home in the evening.

Kelly, the bottle says TWO shots, not THREE!

Oldfeller
07-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Aw, it's the eggnog boys, it's the eggnog.

Oldfeller

Oldfeller
07-19-2006, 05:08 PM
More seriously, them bugs do smart (but I wear a full face shield helmet at night for that very reason).

What smarts more than anything else -- pull off and seek shelter bad -- is the light hail that accompanies the leading edge of a big southern thunderstorm.

Heck, the great BIG drops of rain (from the hail that melted on the way down) smart bad enough when they hit your lips and face ....

Oldfeller

Bucks Owin
07-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Hi Joey!

You came to the right place amigo!

Aloha,

Dennis

Bigjohn
07-19-2006, 05:36 PM
G'day Joey,

Aussie Dictionary [slang] joe-ee; otherwise known as a juvenile kangaroo.

Anyway mate welcome to the board from all of us downunder.

:drinks:

John.

Vegas Vince
07-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Welcome Joey!! this is the place.

jhalcott
07-19-2006, 11:27 PM
I was on oahu for a week in May ,lovely island! Hang loose! And welcome.

BOOM BOOM
07-20-2006, 03:41 PM
HI,
WELCOME .
Good bike riding stories.
I've simular occurances w/ fourwheelers.
Sometimes the trail ziggs when you zag, ouch!
sometimes the woopty dos get me too.

Buckshot
07-21-2006, 02:28 AM
..............Just wanted to say in case you didn't notice that threads can have a tendancy to swerve off course a bit, now and again, once inna while, occassionaly. Actually had a new memeber who found it offensive to him. Just remember that it's kinda like a bunch of guys hanging around the back of a pickup with an icechest full of cold ones on the tailgate.

Yours kinda zig zagged a couple itmes :-)

...............Buckshot