PDA

View Full Version : 1891 Arg. trigger job info wanted

dualsport
04-19-2010, 02:36 AM
I would like to lighten the pull some, it's pretty heavy. I think I'll get Kuhnhaussen's Mauser book, but it doesn't appear to cover the 91s. Any good source of how to info for this model? Mine is turning out to be a tack driver, want to get that last little edge. Thanks. ps- I want to keep the original trigger, not install an aftermarket job.

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-15-2012, 11:48 PM
Old thread, so I'll pm you as well.
What I did with mine was, the engagement surfaces are very wide, that is full width of the trigger and the bolt cocking piece. I put the trigger in a vice, and ground the flat surface away at an angle on each side leaving about 1/16" flat at the top of the resulting triangle. Polish both engagement surfaces, its still creepy as I did not want to mess with the sear engagement, but it made a way better trigger out of it.
Some have changed the trigger sear surface to a radius as well, instead of the wide flat or triangle like I did

Poor attempt at illustrating:

old trigger engagement l__l

new trigger surface \_/

dualsport
01-16-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks Jim, I'll give it a shot. My Argie was my darling but I had a pierced primer and destroyed the Buehler safety. Looking at it now depresses me although it still shoots good. So besides the trigger work I have to come up with a scope that when mounted in the conventional Redfield Jr. base will clear a original safety. Gonna have to have a short bell on the eyepiece end.

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-16-2012, 09:09 PM
I still have the original saftey on mine. I'm gonna whittle out a scope base following Dutchmans ideas. Hadn't thought much about the safety thing, but I only plan on using the scope for load development and remove it for hunting and shoots.
that simple mod to the trigger made a huge difference in pull weight,