PDA

View Full Version : Sample Bullets

R.M.
07-18-2006, 01:34 PM
After reading the latest post about NEI molds, I decided to take a look at their catalogue. I re-barreled my .32 S&W Long to a faster twist, so I'm in the market for a bullet that's heavier than the 85gr Lee DEWC that I'm currently using.
I see NEI has some molds producing bullets up in the 115gr range. These could just be what I'm looking for, but I'd hate to drop that kind of coin on a mold that "Might " work.
Is there anybody using these molds, or does NEI cast up samples for a prospective customer?

TIA
R.M.

klausg
07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
RM- I use an old Ideal 3118, (now the 311008) in my .32 H&R, it's a 115 gr. I had to "beagle" my mould as it drops them a little undersize for my needs,(I need .314"). If you want some shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to cast some up for you.

-Klaus

Wayne Smith
07-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Since they don't have an inventory they don't or rather can't provide sample bullets. Given that they are almost completely flexible in the length of any of their bullets you have multiple options with one style #, just subtract lube grooves. Their reputation is growing and positive from what I've read so far. I've only ordered one round ball mould from them, so I can't say much except that it's exactly the advertized size and came in within a week once I agreed that it was big enough that it would be a single cavity rather than the double that I ordered.